<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

First time wardrobe malfunctions and accidental exposures

April 7 2012 at 4:03 PM
No score for this post
Chris  (no login)

I just wanted to ask you ladies or men (that have worn kilts, sarongs, etc) how do you deal with exposing yourself when you wear a dress or skirt the first time in your life? Did it bother you or not?

Just to share my own personal experiences, in the 7 years that I have worn kilts, I have had exposed myself countless number of times due to weather, slips and falls, walking up stairs and escalators and most recently fighting (an experience I'll share in a future post).

The first time this happened I was out at a busy shopping plaza with my ex-girlfriend Fiona (the one who forcefully introduced kilts to me) and the weather was really gusty dealing with wind gusts in excess of 50+ mph. Anyway, before we got out of the car Fiona told me that the kilt would be too heavy to blow up in the wind and not to worry about it. After we exited the car we walked about 200 feet from the store to the store that we were going to and before we made it inside the store, my kilt was completely lifted by the wind. At the time I felt that was the most petrifyingly embarrassing moment in my life. From that moment on everyone including my ex were laughing hysterically at me.

Moving forward to the present day, even though I'm not an exhibitionist, but now I have to say that oddly enough I don't feel ashamed or insecure about accidentally flashing myself when I wear kilts. In fact quite the contrary, I almost feel more liberated and empowered in a very uncanny way. Even though people still laugh hysterically, but now I realize that that is just part of the kilt wearing experience and that you really have to have a sense of humor about it.

Where were you and how was it like the first time any of you experienced a wardrobe malfunction or flashed someone in public for the first time? Please feel free to share your strories.

Chris

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Don C
(Login Doncareatos)

Kilt

No score for this post
April 19 2012, 3:24 PM 

Did this happen in Scotland? I would guess not, a) because you say "kilts" (a Scotsman wears "the kilt") and b) in Scotland you would be more likely to be laughed at if you were NOT commando!

Chris
(no login)

Re: Kilt

No score for this post
April 20 2012, 4:29 PM 

Hello Don C

I must say you are quite perceptive in remarking about Scotsmen saying "the kilt" in plural form (the interesting thing is that I'm usually the one that tend to correct grammatic errors, lol) and I also tend to agree somewhat about Scotland ridiculing people more harshly for not wearing a kilt in the regimental fashion. The one thing you forgot to mention however is that ladies in Scotland generally will tend to laugh when lads wear kilts in regimental fashion (mainly due to excitement and awe). As you can probably already tell, your question was indeed rhetorical. Thanks for asking.

Chris

honk
(no login)

Couldn't believe that

No score for this post
April 24 2012, 9:58 AM 

Read the stories here:

I wear a kilt

Chris
(no login)

Re: Couldn't believe that

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 5:53 PM 

Hello Honk I just have one request. Can you be more specific with exactly what you don't believe, because I just learned about this website recently. I feel that this web forum is a healthy way to share my personal experiences pertaining the subject of the forum, which is not wearing underwear. I also happen to wear the kilt and have been wearing them now for 7 years. Thus, I think that kilt wearing is quite relevant to not wearing underwear as it is the way they are traditionally worn. On another note, I have no prior knowledge to the weblink that you had given me. Therefore, I have not corroborated any stories from other sites. I would encourage you to please respond to this message respectfully.

Chris

Honk
(no login)

No score for this post
April 26 2012, 11:08 AM 

Hello Chris,

he wrote:

> Scotland you would be more likely to be laughed at if you were NOT commando

That I could not believe, because in the stories given in the link above the
kiltwearers talk about wearing kilt with knickers. So what's really true,
historical and now?

honk

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 27 2012, 1:35 PM 

Hello Honk, this is Chris here. First off I would like to say that I can't speak for any Scottish inhabitant because a) I don't reside in Scotland and b) I am only speaking about my own personal experiences. Thus, I'm not able to speak intelligently about kilt wearers in Scotland wearing a kilt with or without undergarments.

Historically, from what my ex-girlfriend's father explained to me (who was born and raised in Scotland), he mentioned that the kilt was invented long before modern undergarments were created, therefore, a kilt was worn without undergarments (I later confirmed this knowledge from doing my own research from a multitude of sources, BTW). When my ex coerced me to wear a kilt she insisted (actually demanded) that I wore the kilt in regimental fashion. I then started wearing the kilt more often due to the unparalleled comfort that the kilt presides compared to other bifurcated garments. That should be a sufficient answer to your first question.

As far as modern day kilt wearing is concerned, it is up to the individual. Some people like to wear them with briefs, boxers, boxer briefs, thongs, or commando. I tried wearing underwear twice with a kilt. Once I tried boxers (which are an immense annoyance because boxer shorts will tend to sag under your kilt every time you walk) and the other time I tried boxer briefs (not too annoying, but the restrictive feel of boxer briefs underneath a kilt defeats the purpose of kilt wearing, IMO). To answer the latter question, to each is own.

Chris

Sansman
(Login Sansman)

Re: First time wardrobe malfunctions and accidental exposures

No score for this post
April 19 2012, 9:19 PM 

I wasn't wearing a kilt or anything...I don't own one... but one day, I was at the office, the zipper on my slacks gave out. the damned thing was wide open even though it was in closed position. A female coworker discreetly told me I was showing more than I might like, and when I looked down, got a surprise. My package was on display, and I was pissed off that a relative new pair of slacks failed in such a bad way and place.

Just before leaving that day, there was a note on my desk with a name, a phone number, and a "call me!" I had a fight to get into with a tailor first!

Rantalion
(Login Rantalion)

Wardrobe Malfunctions

No score for this post
April 20 2012, 4:15 PM 

I was sailing on a boat that had quite a crowd on it, testing new sails. I climbed up onto a winch attached to the mast at about waist level, going up in one step and stretching my jeans very tight in the process. As I straightened up they split with a bang but not down the back, as would be expected. These split right down the front, from waist band to crotch, alongside the stitching where the fly reinforcing joins the main fabric. I was the centre of attention at the time because of what I was doing and suddenly the whole front of my jeans was wide open, with my goods exposed at eye level to the people on deck.

Chris
(no login)

Re: Wardrobe Malfunctions

No score for this post
April 20 2012, 6:35 PM 

Hello Rantalion. I'm sorry that such a mortifying experience has happened to you. Hopefully for your sake that will never happen again. I just hope that you didn't have to endure any legal ramifications as a result of this.
I wrote a previous entry titled "Double Standards" in a previous post to share one of the experiences that I had getting into trouble with the police, almost getting arrested as a result of that particular incident.

Chris

Rantalion
(Login Rantalion)

Wardrobe Malfunctions

No score for this post
April 21 2012, 10:43 PM 

There were no legal ramifications.

I am a lifelong nudist, thousands of people have seen me naked. I don't care who sees what I have except that I don't want to get into trouble for it. In that particular case I was there in a professional capacity so taking advantage of the unexpected exposure was not an option. Also, suddenly being exposed like that takes one by surprize, so my instinctive reaction was to grab my falling out bits to cover up as best I could. If only I could have a do-over I would let my stuff fall right out and act as though I don't know it has happened.

On another occasion I was wearing old corduroy jeans and crouched down to grind a winch. My jeans split down the back from the waist band to part way down my thigh. We had a lady in the crew at the time and she stuck her hand inside my jeans to tickle my butt.

Chris
(no login)

Re: Wardrobe Malfunctions

No score for this post
April 25 2012, 6:05 PM 

Hello Rantalion

I'm happy to hear that there were no legal ramifications from your previous experiences. Unfortunately, I can't really say the same thing since I have been approached by the police on at least two occasions. Never been arrested for it, but they were definitely close calls.

As far as the number of occasions that I have experienced accidential exposures, unfortunately it's something that has happened on several occasions (after all I wear a kilt for nearly every occasion nowadays). My most recent incident was when I happened to get into a really nasty physical altercation (this is something that I'm going to explain about in detail in a separate thread in the very near future). I still feel embarrassed about it, but I don't feel mortified about it as I used to when I first started kilt wearing.

Chris

Chris
(no login)

No score for this post
April 20 2012, 6:23 PM 

Well Sansman I think that most slacks and dress pants tend to have rather flimsy zippers. That being said, I personally haven't experienced a wardrobe malfunction and/or accidential exposure while wearing pants or shorts (and I hope that I never experience having a wardrobe malfunction and/or accidential exposure in pants or shorts either). While wearing a kilt, there are certain scenarios and instances that can ultimately lead to a wardrobe malfunction and/or accidental exposure. Since kilts are durable garments, they generally result in the latter. The key to avoid accidental exposures is proper kiltmanship which is a skill that I'm working on to this day and a skill that I will continue to hone in the future.

Chris

Leo
(Login PrincessCleo)

No score for this post
May 24 2012, 5:08 PM 

I don't know that it was a wardrobe malfunction, but I was dating a girl in Houston years ago who lived in a townhouse, and was friends with an older couple (who were younger than I am now) that were nudists. I had been invited to join them at their club, but was too bashful at the time. Now I can barely stand to wear clothes unless I have to.

However, this older couple had been painting their townhouse and needed someone just a little bit taller to reach one last little spot that they couldn't reach even on the ladder.

I was wearing a pair of white cut-off shorts that were pretty baggy in the legs and was trying desperately to reach that last unpainted spot from the top of the ladder while the three of them looked up from below.

When I got down, and away from her friends, she told me that I didn't have to be uncomfortable being nude in front of her friends anymore, because they'd seen everything while looking up my shorts. And her female friend gave me a big kiss when I got down off the ladder.

My girlfriend was one of three I dated while living in TX that never wore underwear, and she couldn't have cared less who knew. We went out that Saturday with her in a white tank top, with breasts clearly visible under the thin fabric......and she wasn't small breasted either. Wardrobe malfunction be damned.......

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Communities & GroupsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement