<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What do you call it?

November 24 2012 at 11:10 AM
No score for this post
KLK  (Login LM440)

Growing up I easily figured out my mother and older sister never wore underwear. I was done with underwear by my early teens.
Our mom used this expression, "Just pull on a pair of jeans and go."
I think this was a time before terms such as free-balling and commando.
What do you refer to not wearing underwear in your home?
Or do you simply not talk about it?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Cleo
(Login PrincessCleo)

No name

No score for this post
November 25 2012, 12:17 AM 

I came from a long line of people who didn't wear underwear. Not because they were trying to be overtly sexual, they were just poor working-class people who didn't spend money frivolously.....unless it came to booze. sad.gif My mother put us in shorts under our skirts, but never panties.

As far as I knew, nobody had a name for it. The first term I ever heard was 'sans panties' and it was in an old boyfriend's Playboy magazine.

I never heard 'commando' until I watched "Friends" and never heard of free-buffing or free-balling til I discovered this site.

My personal preference is simply 'sans' or 'commando'. To those in the know, the terms are completely understood, though I guess everybody knows 'commando' these days.

I guess they didn't talk about it, because they didn't consider there was anything to talk about.

Since neither my husband or I have worn any in years, we don't call it anything.

Cleo

This message has been edited by PrincessCleo on Nov 25, 2012 12:20 AM

Vanessa Evans
(Login vanessa.evans)

Re: What do you call it?

No score for this post
November 25 2012, 12:24 AM 

Our house hasn't had any underwear in it for year. We have been without for so long that he only time we talk about it is when we see something on the television or internet. Then it's usually some comment about the unfortunate people who haven't discovered the benefits of being underwearless.

V

Sally Smith
(no login)

What do you call it?

No score for this post
November 25 2012, 3:20 AM 

Growing up and living in England, the first reference that I heard to it while I was still at school was "knickerless". In this instance it referred to a girl who lived nearby who was said to be very free with her favours, if you know what I mean. When I started going without, while still at school, the term was used to describe me, I was known as "that knickerless bird".

emily
(Login emilysans)

No score for this post
November 27 2012, 2:33 AM 

i think it would be fun to be called "that knickerless bird." i love it!! lol

emily

Antonia
(Login AntoniaBare)

What do you call it?

No score for this post
November 28 2012, 5:05 PM 

I agree with Sally. I never heard of 'Commando' before 'Friends'came on TV. At school, we called it "going knickerless" - usually in a whisper, although I have one friend who says that her group called it "going bare".

Whatever you call it, no underwear is much nicer than wearing it!

Antonia x

Sally Smith
(no login)

What do you call it?

No score for this post
December 1 2012, 3:08 AM 

I visited my mother yesterday and was quite surprised that she regularly logs on to this site.
I was unaware of it until she asked me if the folks that I work with refer to me as "that knickerless bird", as they did at school.
I told her that they didn't, but now probably will if they see this site.
By the way, she still occasionally likes to go out without wearing knickers, especially when it's warm.
No knickers is best!!

Jean-Yves
(no login)

No word for this.

No score for this post
November 26 2012, 4:03 PM 

Being a French man, I have had the same vocabulary question in both languages, French and English.
I discovered the words freeballer/freeballing and going commando, rather recently, through internet, though I had been traveling to the US when young, of course already freeballing in the early seventies without especially hiding this fact to the people I was staying with at this time. Indeed at this time I met boys of the same age than me who were freeballing like me. And shorts were short. No problem with this, but no specific word to tell.

In France, it was the same, and I would translate literally what my mum told us in summer since child: "put on your shorts/trousers,just like that", or "you can go just like that". "just like that" actually meant without underwear, and there was no need to ask. When she demanded to wear underwear, eg for school, she was very explicit by saying something like "today you put a brief under your shorts/trousers", as after a free summer I was not very eager to to put underwear again.

So we dindn't have a word in French for this habit in our family, neither I know one today, to the contrary of English.

Becky
(Login TNGirl78)

No score for this post
December 5 2012, 6:08 AM 

Mom and dad were nudist, and to my knowledge they didn't even own undies. As for me, I don't remember ever wearing any as a small child, not sure that I even knew they existed. Later (preteen, teen), when fashion became more important and because of sleep overs and band camps, etc., I wore undies.

But there was no term used for either situation.

Now, with two daughters of my own and having gone through the same situation with them (sleepovers and sports) they just assume when undies are necessary and when its to be without. My concern as a mom is they just don't show anything. But still we have't a term for it.

Sansman
(Login Sansman)

No score for this post
December 10 2012, 7:59 PM 

For me, it just is what it is. Everybody knows I go without, so all the terms like commando, freeballing it, or whatever are interchangeable....I don't use just one word for it....I just do what I do without giving thought to nomenclature...

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Communities & GroupsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement