Greetings from Austin, Texas

January 26 2004 at 7:35 PM

from IP address 66.25.140.173

Hi! Looks like I'm one of the 'old Geezers' of the group. I was born Jan. 15, 1936, up in the northeast corner of Texas but we have been in Austin since 1973. Yep, I'm 68 now!

I've been building models since the third grade but I only began doing plastic scale models, mainly 1/48 aircraft, about 1980. I'm a retired archeologist and I spent the last 30 years or so traveling around the state ahead of highway constructioin looking for archeological sites. I specialized in artifact photography and still do the occasional contract...just to keep my hand in. My wife of 42 years, Martha, and I have one daughter and three grandsons, the oldest almost six.

Since my retirement, my modeling time is a premium! With the help of Bondo and some other local modelers, I edit and publish our club's monthly newsletter

Respond to this message   
Responses

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.