Respond to this message
Original Message
  • Hello all

• Posted Jul 3, 2010 3:51 PM

I don't really know if this is the right forum to make my introductory post in, but it looks like some people have been doing so.

Anyway, for those of you who know an Iain Matheson (I have no idea what name he posts under and I don't think he's been active on Hyperscale for a little while), I am his son Geoff. I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada, and I have been building for about 8-9 years. I started when I was around ten years old, in grade five, give or take a few months. My first model ever was a 1/72 Fujumi A7 Corsair, and my second was the 1/72 Airfix Beaufighter. I don't think either ever actually got finished, a sign of things to come...

Since then I have been dedicated to aircraft, mostly 1/72 and 1/32, with a few forays into 1/48 and a Schwimmwagen or a Mutt or two. My favorite subjects would be Luftwaffe WWII, but I don't really consider myself "committed." My favorite model is the one I just finished. Like many of you, between my father and I we have a couple hundred unbuilt kits along with a small airforce of works-in-"progress" (left to die)

I rarely touch anything when the school year is going, and I rarely touch anything in the summer but I still consider myself a modeler. I've recently finished a 1/48 Tamiya Spitfire MkV, and I'd post pictures if I had any half-decent photography skills or by luck manage a somewhat non-blurry image that slightly resembles a Spitfire.

I have been a long time lurker of Hyperscale, and whenever I need some inspiration I can always find it here; there are no shortage of master modellers here, and I mean MASTER. I've been meaning to join up on here for a little while now, and I really want to get some photos of some of my stuff up since half of this hobby is proving to each other that we're not the only ones who build little plastic airplanes in our basements.

Cheers,

Geoff
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)