* I attended the TNA house show last night in Moundsville, WV. Although the show was listed as being in Wheeling, WV, it was actually held at the John Marshall Field House which is about 11 miles south of Wheeling. Don West was promoting merchandise throughout the night; Jeremy Borash was the ring announcer for most of the matches. The facility was full for the most part, save for one upper level of the facility that was reserved for cameras and lighting.
* These results may be listed out of order:
-Pope D'Angelo was signing autographs prior to the start of the show.
-Doug Williams over Kazarian and Amazing Red to retain the X Divsion title. Very good caliber X Division matchup.
-Rhino def. Dr. Stevie. Rhino was super over.
-The Beautiful People
over Taylor Wilde & Sarita. Better than any WWE diva match I've seen. The Beautiful People were very entertaining.
-Abyss over AJ Styles via DQ when Styles took out the referee. Styles did a good job playing the cowardly heel, and worked over Abyss' knee for most of the match before Abyss started "Hulking up" and making the comeback.
- INTERMISSION - The Beautiful People and Earl Hebner were signing autographs.
-Rob Terry def. Magnus to retain the TNA Global title.
-Pope D'Angelo Dinero def. Desmond Wolfe. Pope was given a big ovation, mostly from the younger kids who had gotten his autograph earlier.
-Main Event: Kurt Angle
& Jeff Jarrett def. Beer Money. This started off as a comedy match when Earl Hebner got into a shoving match with Storm and Roode. Jarrett started acting as the referee and directed Hebner to lock up with Storm. Hebner and Jarrett then teamed up to give Storm a double hip-toss. Angle was laughing hysterically the whole time. The finish saw Angle hit the Angle Slam for the pin.
* After the match, Dinero, Abyss, Jarrett, Terry, Borash, Hebner, and Rhino were roaming ringside to shake hands with fans and signing autographs. Angle was in the ring taking photos with anyone who wanted one. His son was also in the ring with him running around, and there were several of his relatives and friends. I believe Karen Angle was there as well.
* All in all, this was a fantastic show. I was impressed with the quality of the matches and the approachability of the stars. Jarrett, Hebner, Angle, and D'Angelo were particularly outgoing and friendly.