Need help with fundraiser in Ohio

by Looking for help (no login)

To all who read this message:

Hello. I am posting this message because I am need of some knowledge and assistance. I will keep my name anonymous because of the people on this board who only post out of hate and spite.

Here is my situation: I have a mother who lives in Ohio 4.5 hours from where I now work and undergoing chemotherapy for stage 4 cancer. The doctors have started a new type of chemotherapy and she is working through the process. Unfortunately, her insurance does not cover all the cost of her treatments and she must take unpaid leave from work to recover from the treatments. She is a blue collar individual just like most of the people who support Indy wrestling.

As her son, I do make a living and use this to provide a respectable life for my wife and myself. I give what I can but I know she needs more help.

I am not here to ask for donations or gifts. I come with only the heart of a son who wants to take care of his mother.

For the past five years, I have been involved in independent wrestling in Tennessee, West Virginia, and Virginia. I have no knowledge of Ohio independent wrestling or what is need to run a show in that state. Do I need a license or a permit to run a show? If so how do I get one? Are there any reputable individuals in the NE Ohio area from whom I could rent a ring? Does talent need to be licensed? Does the building I rent have to cover the insurance or do I need something?

If you can answer any of these questions or have any further information that would be helpful to a fellow brother please respond to this message. Also, I am attempting to book a named talent to help increase the draw for this event and have no idea where to start with this process. I have been told by some if the event is for charity they will come in for a reduced rate. Is this true?

Thank you all for your time.

God Bless.
-- A fellow brother --

Posted on Jun 13, 2012, 11:23 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

• Re: Need help with fundraiser in Ohio. . on Jun 14, 2012, 1:34 AM