Re: my take on pgh indy wrestling

by . (no login)

IWC has the best product in the area, and I personally think that is unarguable. You don't have to agree..this IS the Internet, but there's NO where else around with the same production quality. At Super Indy XI, the entire set up looked fantastic. The ring really pops with the new "IWC" turn buckles, white ropes, and new custom made ring aprons. The entrance ramp has always looked pretty neat, but I think it needs some different lighting. Perhaps some mounted steady lights along with the flashing ones? And of course production quality isn't everything, but if I'm being asked to pay the price of admission (which isn't even bad)I'm glad I at least have something pretty to stare at.

Again, you don't have to agree, but to me, it seems like the IWC guys just care more about their craft. They strive to get better and most actually want to make professional wrestling a career versus a hobby. Those guys travel, and I'm not even talking about the bigger name talents. Dalton Castle, Fab, Eric Ryan, Rickey Shane Page, Facade, Bobby Beverly, Gory, Aiden Veil, and Nicki Valentino (just to name a few) all work other promotions in other states. If you want to make a name for yourself, which is seems like those guys do, you have to put yourself out there in order to get noticed. I don't see much buzz being created in other states by the guys in the other Pittsburgh promotions. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being a weekend warrior, but to me, aside from a select few younger guys in PWX and RWA, that's mainly what I'm paying for when I purchase a ticket. And I truly do not enjoy spending my hard earned money on a show where half of the roster doesn't "feel like doing anything in my match tonight."

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 11:28 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

• Re: my take on pgh indy wrestling. . on Aug 9, 2012, 3:01 PM