The WRKL Message board

Thank You, WRKL!

December 12 2012 at 10:09 PM
Lisa Rose Tannone 

Jeff, My name is Lisa Rose Tannone and I'm writing to you tonight to send you a much needed thank you for this website. I had found it to be very stimulating, enjoyable and educational, since I found it online about one month ago. I found it very interesting and informative to learn about what went on with WRKL, both before I was born in 1966 and what happened to the station after I left Rockland in 1991. I consider the loss of WRKL to be a great one for me, since I still have goals and aspirations to be a radio broadcaster. These ambitions are still with me today, as I sit here now, trying to say goodbye to a great radio station, whose staff I only now wish that I could have part of. At the present time, I'm in the process of pursuing my education, so that I can learn more about pursuing all of my dreams, including this one. Please say Hello to the staff for me. I'm still sad about the fact that my time on HOTLINE came to an abrupt end in June of 1988, when listeners had said that having a developmentally challenged individual speaking on the air was something they thought was not permitted.
This was because they were prejudice against me, because I was disabled.

Ladies and Gentlemen, This year marks the 25th Anniversary of the day when I went off the air and I have since cried to sleep at night wondering why. I think I should leave you now by saying that I still have some other important things to think about, some of which I'll have to research and resolve on my own. When the station left us in 1999, I was not told of it's demise, until recently. When I saw the message board, I wanted to say thank you for 35 years of service and thank you for giving me something to think about in the post WRKL years.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. re:Thank You, WRKL - Webmaster on Dec 22, 2012, 2:51 PM
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Don't forget, you can't spell Rockland without RKL- AM91