The WRKL Message board

Respond to this message
Original Message
  • " Thanks for the memories."
    • Ben Koffler
      Posted Oct 24, 2002 11:48 PM

Hi, Just found this great site. The sign on theme. Took me back to winter'72. When my brother and I would get up early to hear the school closings. Anyone remember the quickie quiz contests on wkqw around 1973? We'd be in the house listening to the station. The uh oh it's time for a quiz a quickie quiz that is! We'd run to the phone. They'd ask you a question. Usually an easy one. My mom was real good at getting through. You'd get a 45 record. I believe one prize was a small transistor made to look like an electric razor! We listened to rkl for the closings. kqw for the contests. I once spoke to the owner of rkl. Before they started contests maybe the mid 80's. He said angrily contests are beneath us. Boy they sure had them later on. My friend and I once went there on 202. He needed some information. One lady there got real angry with us. I guess it was busy news day or something. Anyway I'm glad my friend Steve Possell is back on the air. What happened at rkl was terrible. He should be mentioned more on the site. I believe he was Mr.rkl.Anyway overall I'll always be grateful to rkl especially Mark Hannocks snowstorm forecasts where he would sayit will be heavier snow west of the parkway. My brother and i loved those little throw ins.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)