RETURN TO THE FULL LIST OF POSTINGS  

Re: Yeh, pretty amazing!

June 6 2007 at 8:34 AM
A.Schauer 

Response to Yeh, pretty amazing!

I'm not sure if I found the church in Ka_Y_aburun, near Divrigi you mentioned - at least I retrieved the following hit for Ka_R_aburun (query = kilise sivas):

Sıra Numarası: 8/17
Veritabanı Adı: VGM
Envanter No: 58.03.02/18
Varlık Adı: KARABURUN KÖYÜ KİLİSESİ
Envanter Türü: TAŞINMAZ
Varlık Türü: TEK YAPI
Varlık Alt Türü: KİLİSE
İl: SİVAS
İlçe: DİVRİĞİ
Köy: KARABURUN KÖYÜ

I'm quite sure that the list is not complete - I think it can't be because I suppose there are a lot of churches and monasteries you and I would accept as church or monastery but a lot of other people would barely call ruins.

An additional problem with this list may be (I didn't check yet) to determine the exact whereabouts of frontiers between villages und counties. This may explain some problems with the identification of remote monasteries in the list. While writing this posting I tried to find the entry for Niyakom Vank or Nikoma (I can't remember the Georgian Name - Viznazori?) in the Olur region. I retrieved several entries that may or may not describe this ruined place I visited 10 years ago. I'm not sure if it's one of them or if it is not recorded at all. Here is my best guess - without indication of a specific village:

Veritabanı Adı: VGM
Envanter No: 25.12.02/05
Varlık Adı: VANK KİLİSESİ
Envanter Türü: TAŞINMAZ
Varlık Türü: TEK YAPI
Varlık Alt Türü: KİLİSE
İl: ERZURUM
İlçe: OLUR

And probably there are still uncertainties because of the frequent re-naming of villages. I usually use the "Köy Köy Türkiye" and the Ryborsch-maps (published in the 90ies) when I try to locate churches or monasteries that I've read about and I come across difficulties quite frequently. In my experience even the local villagers sometimes are not familiar with the official new name of the village...

-------------------------

Now something I found funny in the list. I retrieved the following entry:

Veritabanı Adı: KTBKVE
Envanter No: F1992.0497
Varlık Adı: MUTFAKTAN BİR KÖŞE
Envanter Türü: SOYUT
Varlık Türü: HALK KÜLTÜRÜ
Varlık Alt Türü: HALK KÜLTÜRÜ
Bulunduğu Yer: TAŞLIKÖY
İl: ERZURUM
İlçe: OLUR

Unfortunately I just speak a little broken Turkish, but as far I can translate this, an unspecific corner in a kitchen in TAŞLIKÖY (MUTFAKTAN BİR KÖŞE) is considered to be of cultural importance and has got an inventory number. I ask myself which of the probably four corners in this kitchen is the important one...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Arts, Literature and CultureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

HOME PAGE  |  ANASAYFA (turkish homepage)  |  GLOSSARY  |  EMAIL