RETURN TO THE FULL LIST OF POSTINGS  

Many thanks

April 14 2012 at 4:40 PM
Andrew Collins 

Response to More info

Raffi,

Many thanks for this additional information on Yeghrdut, and I see that others have added to the thread (I'll address this separately).

What the sources say fits very well the position of Dera Sor (Kurdish "Red Church"), which is 2.5 km SE of Kizilagac. The Red Church is also 22 km from Mush by land transport, which makes sense of Yeghrdut being cited as 20-22 km from Mush.

The coordinates you give (38.752988° 41.346242) are close to the site of the Red Church, which lies 580 m to the southwest and easily visible.

Were these coordinates given in either the sources you quote?

I see no obvious rectilinear features at the coordinates, although I suspect they are meant to be hitting nearby Dera Sor.

Thank you also for adding the material to Armeniapedia, which will be useful for future research into the subject.

What I will ask you is whether you can give me the full citation of the two sources you quote. Clearly, I have the 1953 reference (although not the text), although confirmation of its page range would be useful. But most particularly the Dictionary of Armenian Place-names. Can you tell me the author, publisher, date, page range of the reference.

If there is any way you could photocopy this material and get it to me, or scan it, I would very much indebted. Maybe you could direct me to your email address, or facebook profile, and we can discuss the possibility there.

I do not read Armenian myself, but have a translator available where necessary.

Once again, I appreciate your help, and ask you to continue to look into this subject for further elucidation of Yeghrdut's history, extent and traditions.

Regards and many thanks,

Andrew

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Arts, Literature and CultureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

HOME PAGE  |  ANASAYFA (turkish homepage)  |  GLOSSARY  |  EMAIL