RETURN TO THE FULL LIST OF POSTINGS  

Re: Other Books

September 6 2015 at 8:47 PM
A.Schauer 

Response to other books

Hi there,

ad 1) I don't have this one. The "atti" are really difficult to obtain. I just have a copy of the "Atti del quinto Simposio internazionale di arte armena. Venezia, Milano, Bologna, Firenze. 1988, 28 maggio - 5 giugno" which was published in 1992...

ad 2) I also haven't this one and do not remember having seen anything like that by Thierry in the REA. I do not know any well preserved pagan temple in Armenia besides the reconstructed one in Garni.

ad 3) The best photographs I know on the octogon of Varzahan are to be found in Walter Bachmanns "Kirchen und Moscheen in Armenien und Kurdistan". I checked my copy and did not find any inscriptions, neither in plates 41 - 43 nor in the pictures in the text. There he wrote explicitly that there are no inscriptions in Varzahan. Lynch provides just one photo and also tells nothing about inscriptions.

Sorry, this time I probably cannot help very much...

Regards,

A.Schauer

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Arts, Literature and CultureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

HOME PAGE  |  ANASAYFA (turkish homepage)  |  GLOSSARY  |  EMAIL