RETURN TO THE FULL LIST OF POSTINGS  

The Main Aght'amar Monographs

August 7 2017 at 10:30 PM
Reader 

Hello,

Among the bibliography on one of the pages on Aght'amar, I saw the list below. I own the Mnatsakanian Volume, and it's nice. I didn't know the RAA Milan edition existed, but have an idea it will look pretty much like the other RAA volumes.

I am curious about the contents of the Davis volume though, regularly see it online selling fairly expensive but have not seen any reviews of it. Does it have better photos or written content?

Main Sources:
DAA = Sirarpie Der Nersessian and H. Vahramian, Documents of Armenian Architecture, Volume 8, Aght'amar, Milan, 1974.
Davis = J. G. Davis, Medieval Armenian Art and Architecture: The Church of the Holy Cross, Aght'amar, London, 1991.
Mnatsakanian = Stepan Mnatsakanian, Aghtamar, The Church of the Holy Cross, New Jersey, 1986.
Nersessian = Sirarpie Der Nersessian, Aght'amar, Church of the Holy Cross, Cambridge, Mass., 1964.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Arts, Literature and CultureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

HOME PAGE  |  ANASAYFA (turkish homepage)  |  GLOSSARY  |  EMAIL