Respond to this messageRETURN TO THE FULL LIST OF POSTINGS
Original Message
  • Please don't even consider to turn this website off!
    • A.Schauer
      Posted Sep 22, 2010 7:11 AM

Please don't even consider to turn this website off! I'll give you two reasons (although many more could be listed)

1) I think it is maybe the best way to contribute to the survival of Armenian monuments in Turkey because it is far easier to destroy a structure anybody has ever heard of.

2) I like this site almost since its very beginning and I would really miss it.

Concerning "new fuel"
      I think it's a question of your focus. First you started with Ani and told its story. Then you broadened your approach by adding other Armenian monuments of Turkey. Maybe a Ani diehard would consider this as losing focus but I don't. I believe that by this you attracted additional traffic and interest and in addition to that you found new areas for your personal research - at least I guess so because it resembles a little bit my own development. I can understand that you perhaps lost some momentum as a lot of the more spectacular monuments are already mentioned. Perhaps it would be a good idea to add a new category to VirtualAni to gain some additional motivation: Endangered Chruches and Monasteries in Eastern Turkey, let's say east of a line Antakya-Samsun. Within such a category it would be possible to cover Georgian, Assyrian, Nestorian and even Byzantine monuments which suffer more or less the same fate as the Armenian ones do. And maybe it would be an interesting idea to open Virtual Ani for third-party uploads of pictures of the monuments covered... This would be a web 2.0 kind of thing...
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on Arts, Literature and CultureCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

HOME PAGE  |  ANASAYFA (turkish homepage)  |  GLOSSARY  |  EMAIL