Thank you for making our Coast to Coast walk so special
Stuart & Ste Posted Aug 25, 2012 7:58 PM
Every year thousands of people decide to undertake the Coast to Coast walk.
My brother-in-law and I are just 2 of these many, but what those who do not take the challenge realise is that that the trip from St Bees to Robin Hoods Bay is only part of the adventure, the walking is only 80% of the discovery, the other 20%, the BEST 20%, is meeting YOU, the people who stitch the walk together with your kindness, warmness and welcoming smiles at the end of each and every long day of ups and downs, sun and showers, blisters and sprains.
You amazing people and your families, old and young (place yourselves in either) with your comfort, friendship, witty conversation, beer drinking ability, amazing breakfasts and of course intellect gave Ste and I the desire to continue and finish what we had set out to do!
We hope you dont mind but we took a little piece of each of you with us as we walked, it made us smile and gave us memories we will cherish for ever.
Ste and I wanted to send this note to say Thank You for taking 2 tired men in and looking after us, helping recharge our batteries with your amazing hospitality and sending us on the next day with renewed vigour and drive to complete the walk.
We arrived in Robin Hoods Bay on Thursday 23rd August 2012, 13 days after leaving St Bees on Saturday 11th August, and in doing so we raised over £2000 for The Northwest Air Ambulance.