<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Message Board  

Ghost

April 16 2008 at 9:16 PM
Dave 

I read with interest that one of your bedrooms is reported to be haunted by a ghost? Which bedroom is it? We stayed with you last month with friends from the south who were visiting for the first time and they had a strange experience in their bedroom. Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
The Lion Inn

Re: Ghost

April 17 2008, 1:13 PM 

Not heard anything about the bedrooms before, all the strange things seem to happen in the older parts of the bars & dining rooms. So what happened to your friends? Was Theakstons Old Peculier involved? HaHa

Paul

Respond to this message   
Dave D

Ghost

April 18 2008, 8:45 PM 

Was it room 5 by any chance ?

Respond to this message   
Dave

Ghost

April 18 2008, 9:14 PM 

Well... incredibly, yes it was room 5. Me and my Mrs have been staying up there for years and we have never experienced a single thing in the way of ghosts etc. However, some friends of ours flew all the way from Portugal to stay there with us for the night and one of them, (the bloke) had an experience where he was tapped on the back and when he turned around to see who it was, he saw that nothing/no-one was there. At the time his wife was in the bathroom, so it couldn't have been her. It was just after they had arrived around 6pm and so no OP had passed his lips ! He didn't tell me for weeks as I am a cynic and gave him a load of grief about it... but perhaps I'm wrong. I'd be interested to know your story.

Respond to this message   
The Lion Inn

April 19 2008, 8:53 PM 

Interesting. That is one of the oldest parts of the pub. It was mine & my brothers bedroom when we were kids, but we never experienced anything. By all accounts the ghostly encounters are very friendly, so there's nothing to worry about all you potential customers!!

Cheers
Paul

Respond to this message   
Dave

Ghost

April 19 2008, 10:12 PM 

No, it certainly won't stop us coming up there and we will even try to book room 5 next time to see what all the fuss is about. See you soon.

Respond to this message   
Dave D

Ghost

April 21 2008, 9:19 AM 

Now that is spooky it was a couple of years ago, It was in the middle of the night something touched me and I was certain somebody was standing by the bed looking at me. The oddest thing about it was it was not in the least scarry in fact quite the opposite it was someone one very gentle how I knew that I really can't explain.
I have never experienced anything like it before or since and yes I have stayed in the same room several times since so it certainly didn't put me off.

Dave Dring.

Respond to this message   
The Lion Inn

April 21 2008, 12:47 PM 

Yes that's the same feeling a lot of people have described, and just how I felt when I saw a dark figure move right in front of me a few years ago. You feel strangely privileged that it showed itself to you!

Must admit though, I still don't enjoy locking-up on my own everynight!

Woooooooooooooo!

Paul

Respond to this message   
Pete

Room 5

April 21 2008, 4:42 PM 

Very interesting to read. I am the person in question and a born disbeliever where ghosts are concerned. However, having put some notes into my back trouser pocket, I very clearly felt two friendly but distinctly firm taps on the money my right hip pocket by someone very close to me. I spun round, but no one was there. As mentioned, I had just arrived and had no drink at that point. I also felt no fear or apprehension about remaining in the room.

Respond to this message   
Elizabeth

Re: Room 5

May 10 2008, 9:11 PM 

My boyfriend and I stayed in this particular room (room 5)the 1st week of May 2008. Could have been my over hyped imagination, however something did squeeze the fingers of my left hand which was out of the covers at night whilst I was sleeping. Could have been my partner, however he swears he remembers nothing of the sort.

Respond to this message   
Alex

October 30 2008, 6:12 PM 

Ive never stayed in the rooms before but me and my sister always feel theres a presence in the womans toilets. and also hear a lot of weird noises

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Message Board