<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>See the full Index  

Walking shirtless

January 31 2002 at 7:21 PM
No score for this post
Jimbo  (no login)

Whenever I can, I go for a 3-4 mile walk on a path around our development which borders a river. Three times around is great. I always try to do it shirtless, wearing only thin black nylon shorts (with no liner - I'm a fulltime freeballer as well), short socks and running shoes. The weather has been so cooperatively warm this fall that I have been able to walk without a shirt some days in November, December and January. So long as the temperature is above about 55 degrees F I'm fine, and the breeze feels good on my bare chest and back. Occasionally I will meet someone walking, and sometimes they ask me, "Aren't you cold?" or they will chide me: "You're going to catch cold!" and someone humorously offered me suntan lotion one day in November. But as long as I can get out there without a shirt, I am happy. I discovered many years ago that I am rather warm blooded and really prefer only one layer of clothes; hence my choice to freeball since I was 18. I also prefer not to wear socks (except when "power" walking, to avoid blisters), and usually don't wear any with my docksiders or loafers unless it's very cold or I am "dressed up" (I'm retired, so that doesn't happen very much any more.)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ferdinand
(no login)

Re: Walking shirtless

No score for this post
February 8 2007, 10:11 PM 

Its always been a challenge to me. I wanted to go shirtless everywhere, and I dont bring any shirt with me. I've been shirtless at high school and college especially on PE days. I miss those sweaty days playing basketball and soccer. I think thats how it started. Then girls admirably look at your torso shimmering in perspiration and dirt. I've been to many shopping malls and individual stores, restaurants, hotels, theme parks, trains, buses and cruise boats, and government offices shirtless. It feels good. I've been questioned only once and that was at a trendy shopping mall where I was asked to put a shirt on, and when I said I didnt have any with me, I was asked to finish my shopping and leave. Some people would look at you but say nothing. One real challenge was to try getting to a movie shirtless, and I was surprised I was admitted without a word. I've done that many times now in that same moviehouse. In a previous job at a factory, I went to work shirtless and the best part about that was I was shirtless during the job interview. No, its not at a third world country or remote town. I wonder if I can get in shirtless at a religious service, and on board a plane and through customs. Its fun going around without a shirt. Its cool and gives me a good feeling especially when girls look at me. Felt even better on rainy days when others try to do everything not to get wet, while I walk casually soaking wet.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>See the full Index  
Find more forums on IndividualsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement