New Page 1

(Please refrain from personal attacks on other posters as well as players, coaches, management, etc....Posts containing racial slurs, foul or defamatory language, or name-calling or criticism of a personal nature will be deleted...Keep your messages hockey related, if you feel you cannot follow these rules then please post elsewhere...Any questions can be directed to the email address at the bottom of the page...Thanks :-) )

Broadcast Links: BCHL Fan Zone

Blog/Webpage Links: Cowichan Valley Capitals Superfan Website * vipersdiehardfan Blog * The Three Vees' * Hammer's Bulldog Blog * Coquitlam Expressions * Grizz Roar Blog * Off The Wahl * Spruce Kings Crusader * Langley Rivermen Junior "A" Hockey Blog * Eagles Insider * The General's Report * Kings of the Castle * Silverbacks Blog * Brian's Banter * Chiefs Central * Hockeytube.net

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

bchl viewers poll...

August 29 2012 at 8:41 AM
AlmightyPundit  (Login AlmightyPundit)
from IP address 205.250.201.252

Sure is a lack of options for "what's the best new feature for the upcoming season"

bchl showcase ... that has got to be the WORST idea on there!!! What kind of nonsense is that? 1 of the 2 games is considered a "home game???"

I like the old way of playing hockey MUCH BETTER, where a home game meant, the game was played in your hometown!

Clearly there should of been a fifth option to choose on that poll...

5. bchl needs to work harder than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login bertolmstead)

Q: Who pays the bils? A: The fans.

August 29 2012, 9:31 AM 

The reason for the Showcase is to show off the league and it's players to scouts. Really good idea to expose the players. But by shifting home games to Chilliwack, plus cutting the schedule by another couple of games, I now get 13.3 percent fewer games..................but pay the same season ticket price I did last season. Who are your customers? The fans or the scouts?

Here's an idea to show the players to the scouts AND still let your fans see the games:

Open the season on the Labour Day weekend. There are 5 Island teams and 5 Mainland teams. You'll need at least 5 games to get each team involved. Have a Friday night game on the Island. Victoria or Nanaimo's home opener and have the scouts all there. Rent a bus. Not some smelly old thing, but a really nice bus and take them across to the mainland on Saturday morning. (If necessary John Grisdale can load their luggage into the bus...LOL) Then have a Saturday afternoon game and then a Saturday night game in the Mainland. Sorry Powell River and PG, you have to open on the road. And then another double header on Sunday afternoon and evening. Monday is a holiday. Bus up to Merritt and the Cents open on Monday night. Then Penticton, Westside, Vernon, Salmon Arm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. And then another round of double headers on Saturday and Sunday with some of the Coast teams having a road game. Sorry Trail, you have to open on the road in the Okanagan.

Or start in the Interior on Friday of the long weekend and then end the next weekend at the Coast. Don't move the games...... move the scouts.

Respond to this message   
ChiefsHockey
(Login ChiefsHockey1)

Re: Q: Who pays the bils? A: The fans.

August 29 2012, 11:32 AM 

It is up to the teams to adjust their season ticket prices accordingly, not the league.

We're definitely not complaining about the showcase here in Chilliwack, it's great exposure for the city, the team, the other teams and the league.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login AlmightyPundit)

August 29 2012, 2:33 PM 

Viper fans are DOOMED!!!

There is no possible way viper management will follow Victoria's lead, truly show "fan appreciation" and drop the over-priced cost of tickets, let alone adjust the cost of season tickets for less games/per season.... Not with the RBC cup coming here!!!

Doomed I tell you.... DOOMED!!!!

Respond to this message   

(Login ChiefsRBack)

August 29 2012, 11:32 AM 

Glad their are a few others that feel the same as I do. Our season ticket holders here get a break if we buy early but still basically pay extra for those two games with a shorter regular season. I didn't do the math for our cost's this year but it likely is not a lot different than yrs past.

Just seems to me that they didn't think it all out. I couldn't agree more that this is all for the scouts and the folks across the league that actually pay the freight were forgotten in this.

Coming at the start of the season and all it seems to me that we will likely really be watching pre season hockey in this mini tournament. Yup great for the scouts not so much for the fans.

I plan on going to our real home opener on the 15th

Oh and I'm sure the City of Chilliwack will love it as would any City having their hotels and restaurants filled up so it's not all a bad thing.

We do have lots of good places to stay and eat. Common' down.

Respond to this message   
ChiefsHockey
(Login ChiefsHockey1)

August 29 2012, 11:35 AM 

ok well most of us in Chilliwack aren't complaining.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login streaking)

I think it's great.

August 29 2012, 1:45 PM 

Over three days I might get to try all the pies at the airport. If you're going to the showcase you have to eat there.

Respond to this message   
ChiefsHockey
(Login ChiefsHockey1)

Re: I think it's great.

August 29 2012, 1:49 PM 

It's not the same since the original owners sold about 5 years ago...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login AlmightyPundit)

August 29 2012, 2:26 PM 

Don't even get me started on the RBC cup that will be held in Vernon 2014... The gong show "Volunteer fiasco"....

sheeesssshhhhh!!!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ChiefsFan19)

August 29 2012, 8:03 PM 

You're paying $0.60 more per game this year ChiefsRBack.

I can't wait for the showcase! I doubt it will be like preseason hockey because the games count in the standings. And the Chiefs only have 3 players left to cut so they pretty much have their roster ready to go.

It will be fun.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ssnakeeyes)

August 29 2012, 8:41 PM 

The showcase will be nothing like exhibition. Its regular season and teams will have to card any player on the roster for the showcase. They won't be able to have 2 or 3 uncarded players hanging around to sub in and out for a better look. They would have to decard (release) an already carded player and card a player they want another look at. This is regular season and all the usual carding procedures apply.

Chilliwak fans: Do your season ticket prices include tickets to the Chiefs games at the showcase or do you have to pay extra for those. How much money do showcase game tickets cost. Can you buy day passes, tournament passes or is it single game tickets only.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ChiefsFan19)

August 29 2012, 9:27 PM 

The showcase wasn't included in our season tickets because the season tickets were announced before the Chiefs found out they were hosting for sure. Our season tickets did include all exhibition games and the first round of the playoffs.

Season ticket holders got special pricing for the showcase. We paid $30 for the whole weekend. All the games and we just use a wrist band to get in and out. Or you could pay $20 for just the 2 Chiefs games.

Here's all the pricing.

http://www.chilliwackchiefs.net/media/leagues/5126/graphics/2012-13%20Showcase%20Pricing.pdf

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ssnakeeyes)

August 29 2012, 9:38 PM 

Thank you. Seems like pretty reasonable pricing to me. Enjoy the hockey.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login InBC)

BCHL Missing Opportunities Again and Again

August 29 2012, 8:37 PM 

As far as I'm concerned the BCHL as an organization has been missing a great opportunity to showcase their league for a long time. If they started their schedule the first weekend of September, they'd have the complete spotlight for hockey in BC - no competition with CHL or NHL. Of course they'd end the season sooner as well, but that wouldn't be a problem because they lose so many fans at the end of the season to both the CHL and NHL anyway.

Yes, there are logistics to work out (earlier camps, players away at WHL camps, billet situations, ect....) but these are not deal-breakers.

The BCHL has the opportunity to be the only hockey happening in a hockey crazy province and what do they do.....this foolish showcase where only a small handful of fans will be able to attend and there will be no 'home' fans really to mention as any loyal fans will have to scramble to find ways to follow their teams opening games....pathetic.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ChiefsFan19)

Re: BCHL Missing Opportunities Again and Again

August 29 2012, 9:30 PM 

Small handful of fans?

And personally I think starting the season too early is more of a negative than a positive. People are busy with back to school and generally the weather is good so they don't want to be stuck inside.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login prairiepondhockey)

Re: BCHL Missing Opportunities Again and Again

August 29 2012, 9:43 PM 

The showcase is a great idea! More scouts usually equates to more schollies, more schollies generally attracts higher end players. Higher end players means fans have a better game to watch.

Respond to this message   
ChiefsRBack
(Login ChiefsRBack)

It's not about the Money

August 30 2012, 9:21 AM 

I never checked the pricing. don't care... I'm rich wink.gif In more that one way.

My point was and is, the lack of planning and forethought by the league.... and by the league I mean those that control it, which last I checked were the owners and management of the teams in that league.

Fewer games in regular season. Sticking two games back into this showcase thingy. Rushing to start in September.

There are pricing issues for some I'm sure but like I said I never did the math. I will pay for what I want to watch and go to what I want to watch and I suspect very strongly that most of us are like that too. You can never get hockey fans to agree on much it's the nature of the beast.

But it sure would be nice if the "League" sometimes appeared to think they could and tried.

and regarding the exhibition comments. Of course it's not exhibition there are points up for grab but I bet it comes off LIKE exhibition because of the timing. A few teams will be really ready. A few more will be ready.... and others won't. 4 easy Points to the good guys ? and the others are in a hole.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ChiefsFan19)

Re: It's not about the Money

August 30 2012, 3:30 PM 

Okay but how is that any different than the league starting the season on September 7 without the showcase?

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - bchl viewers poll...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
New Page 1

Any comments/concerns can be sent to pantherfan@shaw.ca

***This fan message board has no affiliation with the BCHL & opinions are of the individual poster and not necessarily shared by the owner...All logos used are from the individual teams' website***