New Page 1

(Please refrain from personal attacks on other posters as well as players, coaches, management, etc....Posts containing racial slurs, foul or defamatory language, or name-calling or criticism of a personal nature will be deleted...Keep your messages hockey related, if you feel you cannot follow these rules then please post elsewhere...Any questions can be directed to the email address at the bottom of the page...Thanks :-) )

Broadcast Links: BCHL Fan Zone

Blog/Webpage Links: Cowichan Valley Capitals Superfan Website * vipersdiehardfan Blog * The Three Vees' * Hammer's Bulldog Blog * Coquitlam Expressions * Grizz Roar Blog * Off The Wahl * Spruce Kings Crusader * Langley Rivermen Junior "A" Hockey Blog * Eagles Insider * The General's Report * Kings of the Castle * Silverbacks Blog * Brian's Banter * Chiefs Central * Hockeytube.net

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

chilliwack/powell river

September 2 2012 at 9:08 AM
  (Login canuck88)
from IP address 172.219.165.128

chilliwack acquires tanner cochrane from powell river for future considerations

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
stuart
(Login tigs66)

Re: chilliwack/powell river

September 2 2012, 9:54 AM 

Jim, Chilliwack picked him up off waivers. I don't believe Powell River get anything in return.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Stang06)

September 2 2012, 10:04 PM 

The deal was officially announced by the Chiefs as they had claimed Cochrane off of BCHL waivers. What that means is that Powell River had a deal done to trade Cochrane to a junior 'A' team outside of BC in exchange for money.

In any instance where a player is traded from the BCHL to a league outside of BC for cash, he must clear BCHL waivers first, meaning the other 15 BCHL teams can claim him instead of the player being traded out of province. That's exactly what happened with Cochrane and Chilliwack and now Powell River gets the cash considerations from the Chiefs as opposed to the other team they had a deal with.

We'll never likely know what trade Powell River had worked out the team with the outside of BC and the transaction should officially go down as Cochrane from the Kings to the Chiefs for futures.

Respond to this message   
Brian Wiebe
(Login BrianWiebe)

September 2 2012, 10:15 PM 

I hate to mention it again, but once again something has been quoted verbatim off of my blog without any attribution.

Please don't steal material from my blog without saying where you got it from. I don't care if you even copy and paste my entire posts, but please don't post them here under the assumption that it's your own.

--------------------------------------------

Brian's Banter - BC Hockey League blog

http://BCHLBriansBanter.blogspot.com

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Stang06)

September 6 2012, 5:31 PM 

Get a life.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login XX_EightyEight_XX)

September 6 2012, 7:44 PM 

Don't get your panties in a knot Mr. Egomaniac. Be happy someone actually reads your blog let alone copy and pastes a few quotes from it.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - chilliwack/powell river
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
New Page 1

Any comments/concerns can be sent to pantherfan@shaw.ca

***This fan message board has no affiliation with the BCHL & opinions are of the individual poster and not necessarily shared by the owner...All logos used are from the individual teams' website***