New Page 1

(Please refrain from personal attacks on other posters as well as players, coaches, management, etc....Posts containing racial slurs, foul or defamatory language, or name-calling or criticism of a personal nature will be deleted...Keep your messages hockey related, if you feel you cannot follow these rules then please post elsewhere...Any questions can be directed to the email address at the bottom of the page...Thanks :-) )

Broadcast Links: BCHL Fan Zone

Blog/Webpage Links: Sargeant Speak * Cowichan Valley Capitals Superfan Website * Battle Cries * Backs' Talk * vipersdiehardfan Blog * The Three Vees' * Hammer's Bulldog Blog * Coquitlam Expressions * Langley Rivermen Junior "A" Hockey Blog * Kings of the Castle * Brian's Banter * Hockeytube.net

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fast Hockey ??$$$$$$

September 9 2012 at 12:36 PM
Anon  (Login lagerman)
from IP address 108.36.247.223

Is it just me or are we paying more for the same broadcasts we had last year.
Thought the whole season package last year was much more affordable. Plus you got all the games archived where you don't at fast hockey. Can only by 50 credits,I mean games at a discount.Maybe I'm missing something ,if so please inform me,but seems like getting less and paying more is not the best way to go.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login island67)

fast hockey

September 9 2012, 4:16 PM 

I agree. More money, less coverage and no better picture , replays etc.

Respond to this message   
anon
(Login lagerman)

Re: fast hockey

September 9 2012, 4:45 PM 

I think fast hockey just is the medium that the home teams broadcast goes through and collects the revemue,so replays and quality are up to the teams quality of equipment and production.What bothers me is last year their was a resonable price package to buy a season pass for a team and you had acess to all the games in your archive.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login referee26)

September 11 2012, 8:55 PM 

The difference this season as opposed to last season is that both the home and away broadcast is available for each and every game. As for trying to figure out how the new system works for paying. Definitely hard to navigate. Would be nice to have a set price for the season like neulion had. Maybe its on there but I haven't been able to find it.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login stocksrock)

September 12 2012, 4:01 AM 

they do have an all game option- I believe it is 599.00 in US. Then and extra 100-150 to for archive access- pretty expensive in my opionion. I have noticed I get ALOT of jitter when I connect my laptop to my LCD tv. I am using a HDMI connector- any suggestion? is this a fast hockey issue.0

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login referee26)

September 12 2012, 8:58 AM 

I think the choppy may be the connection at the venue. I know that they were experiencing all kinds of internet connection issues at Prospera over the weekend. Especially on the secondary rink. Even the radio stations were having a tough time connecting to their respective stations when on that rink. But your right that is quite expensive. In my opinion I can't see them justifying an extra dollar just because they provide both teams audio. 6.99 a game before was good, not great, but it would still be a bit more justifiable.

Respond to this message   
AlmightyPundit
(Login AlmightyPundit)

Re: Fast Hockey ??$$$$$$

September 12 2012, 11:26 AM 

It's all in the name...

Fast ... as in.. how fast they can fill their pockets with your cash

Hockey... as in.. self explanatory...

but don't worry, once they fix the glitches, prices go up FAST! :-D

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login onehockeyguy)

Re: Fast Hockey ??$$$$$$

September 12 2012, 12:10 PM 

Big cash grab is all this is. Last year we paid $179.00 to watch all home games through the BCHL site. This year 50 game credits are $299.00.
Tried to watch 2 of the showcase game but picture quality was so poor and the announcer was about 10 seconds behind the play.
If picture quality and sound don't improve we have all been ripped off big time

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Disappointed5906)

Fast Hockey Lock Up

September 12 2012, 11:19 PM 

I signed up for 5 games on Fast Hockey, but won't dare to try logging in again...Picture was poor, two sound tracks overlapped each other, (not so good if you have two ears) and then the system locked up my computer and it took an expert 2 hours to get me unlocked so I could use my computer again. Will I be using the other 4 credits I have paid for? I don't think so!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login ReznorFan23)

Re: Fast Hockey Lock Up

September 13 2012, 12:03 AM 

Sounds like you didn't hire very good computer "expert" anyone with half a brain would have just rebooted the PC.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login lagerman)

archives

September 13 2012, 11:25 AM 

Also for that $179 you get all the games archived. I bought a package as a present for a players grandparents on the east coat of US they would watch part of the game ,go to bed and watch rest the next morning. That option is not there though you can buy a DVD for $19.00. All about money somewhere and who makes more as opposed to best value for fan base.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Disappointed5906)

Fast Hockey Lock Up

September 13 2012, 1:16 PM 

That was the first step, yes----was way more complicated than that. Not worth trying again.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Junior HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
New Page 1

Any comments/concerns can be sent to pantherfan@shaw.ca

***This fan message board has no affiliation with the BCHL & opinions are of the individual poster and not necessarily shared by the owner...All logos used are from the individual teams' website***