Only bad news in PNG hits the world headlineMay 18 2009 at 4:13 PM
No score for this post
A woman was killed and parts of her body eaten by a Papua New Guinean cult, local media reports.
Police in Kerema, Gulf Province on PNG's southwestern coast, arrested four people over the weekend believed to be part of a group who ate the dead woman.
Gulf provincial police commander Inspector Reuben Giusu told PNG's Post Courier newspaper the four arrested have admitted they killed the woman.
The group have been on the run for several weeks and relatives of the dead woman are now seeking compensation.
One suspect is still on the run.
Police say two women and four men ate the body parts of the married woman.
Giusu said the main suspect was a woman who hired the others by buying them five packets of rice, two packets of noodles, one tin of fish and five bunches of bananas.
- Re: Only bad news in PNG hits the world headline - Anonymous on May 18, 2009, 4:22 PM
- Love human chops - Canivore on May 18, 2009, 9:46 PM
- Re: Only bad news in PNG hits the world headline - Anonymous on May 19, 2009, 9:35 PM
- zzz - zzz on May 20, 2009, 10:56 PM
- Somare is responsible for the FAILED STATEHOOD - zzz on May 21, 2009, 8:22 AM