MELBOURNE WANTOKZ KONA

This is a PNGSCAPE site.

This is a notice board and on-line meeting place for Papua New Guineans and friends of Papua New Guinea living in the city of Melbourne and the State of Victoria in Australia. Post a message, tell a joke, make an announcement or just tell people you are around, this board is for you and is whatever you make it.
Respond to this messageReturn to Board
Original Message
  • Thanks Ralph and everyone for this valuable info

• Posted Feb 8, 2012 9:09 AM

Ah the wisdom of those that know...
      I have a heap of research articles about some of the things we have discussed but need the true grit from the horses mouth (now there's an Aussie idiom for you) to make this real for me. This has been so valuable.

Ralph, loved your story about the RAMSI guys walking for 17 miles ("Sotwe Boss"). So thats why when I asked Joseph "How far to Yalom village?", he kept smiling and saying "klostu". This was at 3 pm when we'd been trekking since 7am. Finally, after wading through 3 leech infested rivers in the dark, and through thick jungle (yes I know they call it bush, but to this Melbourne gal its a freaking jungle), we reached the village at the top of a mountain about 7pm. I was freakin KNACKERED!!! Joseph, and his two sons however, could have done 500 star jumps, 250 push-ups, and cleared half the mountain for a taro garden. At least they didnt run off on me. (er well one time he didnt turn up at the start, disappeared for 3 days...) I guess I'm just a lapun (is pushing 50 lapun?) weak white missus who needs to forget about Australian concepts of linear time and go with the flow more.
      I have so much to learn.
      Onwards and upwards!

Tenkyu tru (did I spell that right?) everyone.
      Kristen
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

PNGSCAPE.COM Linkz