Respond to this messageReturn to ArmenianCafe.com
Original Message
  • 2010 and the Armenian writers of Armenia
    • Interview (no login)
      Posted Jan 18, 2011 1:44 AM

Levon Ananyan; "The 2010 was year of full harvest for Armenian writers"

http://www.armenpress.am/news/more/id/636028/lang/en

YEREVAN, JANUARY 17, 2011, ARMENPRESS:

The year of 2010 was rich in many cultural events: literature-music evenings, the new performances and concerts could testify about the activation of literary life. And how the year passed for the Armenian Writers' Union, Armenpress tried to find out from the Chairman of the Union Levon Ananyan.

- Mr Ananyan, how was the 2010 for the Armenian writers and what achievements has the Armenian Writers' Union registered?

- I think I will not exaggerate if I say that the year of 2010 was a year of full harvest for our writers and the successful process in a number of spheres is obvious. During the year the Armenian writers presented themselves with dignity and presented many valuable books. I think it is a very important fact for all of us. The year of 2010 was historic for the Writers Union as the whole building was reconstructed.

- How many books have been printed in Armenia in 2010 and how many of them at the Writers' Union printing house?

- During the 2010 about 2000 books were printed in Armenia the notable part of which is belletristic literature. The printing house of the Armenian Writers' Union printed about 80 books. It is already a big number for printing affair in case when in our country more then 40 printing houses are functioning. That is to say we may register that books are being written and in good conditions good books are being printed. The state order is very important here. Every year the Armenian government is providing 140 million AMD to the printing affair. There is no valuable manuscript that will not have prospect for printing.

- What activation has been noticed in the literary press?

- Today we may say for sure that the Armenian writers have no problem of having their articles printed in the literary press. The reason is that there is no lack of press. "The literary newspaper", "Nork" magazine, etc are actively operating.

- What steps does the Armenian Writers Union undertaking for equal development of literature in provinces?

- In 2010 "Literary Crossroad" program has successfully launched in 2010. Three-four contemporary writers are leaving for different provincial cultural centers and meet with pupils. Such meeting has already been conducted in Noyemberyan and this year in January meeting will be held in Lori.

- What prize giving ceremonies exist for encouraging Armenian writers?

- The prize giving field has expanded a lot. Besides state award today Presidential award exists, annual prize giving ceremonies of Writers Union, etc.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on ArmenianCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    It All Begins Here, Click To Chat With Armenian Girls and Guys