Breaking News on HyeBiz.com

Respond to this messageReturn to ArmenianCafe.com
Original Message
  • Jesus is the Fountain of living waters!
    • Sonday-Word (no login)
      Posted Jan 29, 2011 6:33 PM

[linked image] [linked image]
      "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" (Psalms 42:1-2)

Often in life our throat gets totally parched and the moment we get something to drink our first few mouthfuls are huge gulps, but then as the thirst becomes satisfied we savor the sips and our response is one of appreciation. In our busy lives a lot of us just take big gulps then move on, but in Psalms 42 the invitation is there from the Lord Jesus to stay and savor the water, by "water" the Word of God or Jesus is meant of course. The "water" is Jesus, He is the Word.

As we savor His living waters His life begins to flow into us since they are His Words. To some the seeking of the still waters seems unproductive and a waste of time. It does not seem to bring an instant result or even have any outward manifestation in our panting bodies.

God is sometimes hard to find as we race across the wilderness looking for water to satiate our thirst. So when we do find Him we should stop and savor Him.

Life if we are honest is sometimes not easy, David sums this up in Psalms 42:3-5 My tears have been my food day and night, While they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? These things I remember, and pour out my soul within me, how I went with the throng, and led them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, a multitude keeping holy-day. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

The journey to the brook is filled with longings and panting. Much of our prayer focuses on our needs on our tears, our illness, our financial collapse, our hunger, our thirst or our desires, but when we find the watered brook [The Word of God, Jesus], once we have satisfied the immediate need for water, if we linger our focus moves to His desires and we fall into His heart overwhelmed by love and captured by his passion we come into communion with Him and we are transformed. What we gaze upon we become, so if we are not focusing on Jesus we become scattered. If we stop at the watered brook and gaze upon its source we fall into His heart and become like Him.

Jesus is the Fountain of living waters!

In Jeremiah 17:13 we read: "O Lord, the Hope of Israel, all who forsake You shall be put to shame. They who depart from You and me [Your prophet] shall [disappear like] writing upon the ground, because they have forsaken the Lord, the Fountain of living waters."

John 4:13-15
      "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
      The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw."
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.