Breaking News on HyeBiz.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to ArmenianCafe.com  

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by..

March 11 2012 at 8:19 PM
No score for this post
Life in ?  (no login)

THINGS TO DO WHILE WE ARE WAITING FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF GOD'S PROMISES
=======================================================================
1. Renew the mind by reading the Word of God on a regular basis.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2)

2. Bring thoughts into obedience to Christ.

(3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. (4) For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, (5) casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, (2 Cor 10:-3-5)

When I find my mind twirling around with all kinds of negative thoughts, I lay my hands on both sides of my head and use the above scripture and say, "Mind and thoughts, I command you in the name of Jesus to come into captivity to the obedience of Christ!" - "Stop thinking negative thoughts!" - And then I begin to wash myself with the water of the Word and scriptures such as, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" "God has GOOD plans for me!" etc.

3. Write the vision & stick to it! (Habakuk 2:2-4)

4. Do your homework! Study up and learn all you can about what you believe you are called to. If it requires practice (like learning a musical instrument) then practice all you can!

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)

5. Listen! You can't learn if you keep talking. It amazes me when I see people who say they would love to sit at Bob Jones' feet and learn from him, yet when they get the opportunity, they talk incessantly instead of listening!

6. Don't look for affirmation from people (people pleasing can kill your dreams)

But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts. (1 Thessalonians 2:4)

7. Just do it! - Go ahead and walk into your promised land! Whatever that "it" is - JUST DO IT!!!

And finally:

8. Dont stop! - Don't let anything start stopping you, for it will never stop stopping you!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by..
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to ArmenianCafe.com  
Find more forums on ArmenianCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
It All Begins Here, Click To Chat With Armenian Girls and Guys