March 11 2012 at 8:23 PM
No score for this post
Life in Christ  (no login)

Keeping Our Eyes Steadfast On Christ
03/05/2012
Servant of Christ
Sis Shanna
christinme@gmx.com

Col 3:1 IF THEN you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at {and} seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Col 3:2 And set your minds {and} keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.

Beloved Of the Lord, The enemy of our souls comes about as a roaring lion seeking who he may devour, sometimes he is so deceptive, always seeking to draw us away from being steadfast in Christ, whether it be the things of this world, possessions, money, or status even the many distractions, he tempts us with them until we take the hook, then those things take possession of us, and soon our desire for Christ becomes obscured. We no longer have the endurance when trials come. It can come as something so beautiful, and wonderful we are swept away, meant for our good even from the Lord, yet if we take out eyes off of Christ and put them on self or anything or anyone else but Christ, it brings death to our soul, and it is idolatry no matter how we try to coat it with our own thoughts. Where our treasure is there will be your heart also. It begins to consume us, love for anything but Christ takes us down the path of destruction, unless we change course, which the Lord has graciously allows us to do.

We can be so secure in Christ we think, but as soon as the love for other things takes His place it becomes such a distraction we no longer have the desire or can focus totally on Christ as we were once able to, we begin to stop seeking Him, to stop doing the things that keeps us grounded in Him, we allow the things of the world to creep in, our thoughts and ideas change, that were once only on Him. Now we are on a slippery slope, shifting sand it becomes more difficult as we continue in that direction, and only deep repentance and desperation for Christ, will bring us back to the place we have fallen. We must desire Christ alone in this hour, there is little time left to do so, and to the remnant who have gotten slack, do not let anything distract you not even the prophecies and coming judgments. Keep your eyes on Jesus. The enemy is going after those with the high calling to stop them from the hour of great revival and glory, if he can deter them and have them take their eyes off the prize of the high calling in Christ Jesus they will have no power, he wants to dilute the power of Christ living in us. The Lord allows deep suffering in the lives of those who are truly His to draw us back to him, to where we are desperate for him He is the only one that can save us and bring us peace. Not to desire the beauty and majesty of Christ, not to desire to be one with Him but desire things of this world, brings us to misery is an unimaginable loss we cannot even begin to comprehend. To be anything but dead to self and our selfish desires for the things of this world will only bring death, death to the Spirit life, and of the flesh. Pain is our teacher, it is meant to bring us to be so desperate for Christ, and to bring our self and flesh life to death, so that He may life in and through us. It is suffering and only suffering that can lead us back to the Christ and to lay ourselves down at the altar. Rom 12:1 I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, {and} beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service {and} spiritual worship.

Many are going through great suffering in this hour, these are appointed to suffer as Christ suffered that they may be found worthy of the Kingdom.
2Th 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: suffering brings us to the foot of the cross, it is for us to embrace it and hang onto the feet of Christ, each time you pass through you are taken to another level, and then in time will be in union with Christ, when He has brought you through to the place He wants you to be. True Manifested Sons.

We were saved to be in union with Christ, to overcome the world and the devil and to do great exploits in the latter days, to do creative miracles that will bring souls to Christ. To be filled with His glory in the later days, to be priest of the Lord. Our passion must be for our heavenly Bridegroom alone there is nothing else that can take His place.

Only our love and trust toward Him alone can save us during the coming days of judgment. Ezek 14:19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land and pour out My wrath upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast, Ezek 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would deliver neither son nor daughter; they would but deliver their own lives by their righteousness (their moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation). Even the righteousness of Noah, Daniel and Job could save any but their own selves and by their righteousness, we who live by faith have to question where our faith is, what is it in. Is our faith in Yeshua Jesus in our relationship with Him, because faith is not faith unless their is obedience to His will and purposes, faith is an action word. Are we willing to lay our lives down for Him, to suffer for Him, or do we just give lip service, it is easy to say we trust in the Lord when we have a job or finances coming in but what about when there is nothing coming in, when there is no food, no visible provision, can we trust in Him then? this is where our truth faith is revealed. Jesus said, "Will there be faith in the earth when I return?" He knows men's hearts, even those who claim to be His. Is our faith in the bless ME club, or is it unwavering toward the Lord of glory, and the finished work of the cross. Nothing that happens to us or in the world that Satan doesn't have to get permission from God to bring to pass, think of that, it is true.

Job1:6-12, even Jesus Christ was allowed to be tested in the wilderness for 40 days. Job went through terrible suffering more then any one person would in a life time and his friends taunted him, and though he complained he would not curse God, He trusted him to the very end. Daniel was thrown into the lions den, yet he knew his God, that he would not fail Him. Noah had absolute faith in God who told him to build the ark, even though there had been so rain before that time, only a mist coming up from the midst of the earth, and yet as he warned of the flood as He built the ark, people laughed at him, yet Noah believed God and His Word. Only Noah and family were saved, because of their belief in God's Word, and knew He was a God of FAITHFULNESS AND TRUTH. There were many distractions, trouble on every side, but they maintained their focus and trust in the God who had never failed them, they believed His Word. And each came away with the GREAT goodness of God after their season of suffering. There are coming times whether through persecution, evil governments, sinister plans of evil men, disasters or even the world falling down around us, that it may appear as if there is no hope, don't give up he is our GOD OF ALL HOPE, if we keep make Him our refuge, dwelling in the secret place of the most high, whose power no enemy can withstand. He will cover you, He will shelter you, and provide for you. A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand but it shall not come near you. He will deliver you from every snare every trap of the enemy, he will deliver you from all deadly pestilence, no evil shall befall you, any plague or calamity will come near your house, because you have made the Lord your Refuge, the Most High your dwelling place.

Here is why He does this for us, bind this to your heart for the coming days. "Because he has set his LOVE upon me. Therefore I will deliver him, I will set him on high, because he knows and understands MY name. Has a personal knowledge of MY MERCY, LOVE, and KINDNESS, TRUST AND RELIES, KNOWING I WILL NEVER FORSAKE HIM, no NEVER. He shall call upon ME, and I will answer him, I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him MY salvation. Taken from Psalm 91, Amplified bible. These are promises CHOSEN ONES, and God is not a man that he should lie. We are to keep our eyes upon the Lord, let nothing from earth distract you, let go of all the things that bind you to earth, and focus solely on the Lord of glory, who knows every hair on our head, He knows even when a little bird falls to the ground, should he not know and care about you, "You of little faith". We must take our eyes off the things that distract us, and bind us, and pull us away from the only ONE that can save us from the hour of trial coming upon the whole earth. You who overcome are appointed to walk in the power and glory of the anointed one if we just persevere and keep our eyes on the altogether lovely ONE, the King of glory.

For those who over come, will see the glory of the latter house, we who behold his glory face to face as in a mirror will be changed from glory to glory into his same image.
2 Cor 3:18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His {very own} image in ever increasing splendor {and} from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

http://www.freewebs.com/giftofloveworldoutreach/
http://www.freewebs.com/mannaforthejourney/
http://jesuschristhopeforthenations.webs.com/

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to ArmenianCafe.com  
Find more forums on ArmenianCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
It All Begins Here, Click To Chat With Armenian Girls and Guys