AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

Return to Index  

Senior moment (Double Booking)

March 11 2012 at 4:02 PM
Tony Borders 
from IP address 67.161.167.228

Had an interesting occurence today. A grandmother had called two weeks ago to book a birthday party at a church about 45 minuts away. I called two days ago to confirm. Then when I got to the church today, after following her wrong directions and losing an extra 30 minutes or so, the pastor said that she had changed it to her apartment complex. He gave me the address. I called and just got busy signals. Got to the apartment and it was gated, so I parked in the street until someone else went through and I followed. Got to the clubhouse and a magician was performing! I just turned around and went home.

I think this is what happened. I think the grandparent scheduled me and then forgot who she had scheduled. She then scheduled someone else. When I called to confirm she thought I was the other entertainer. I thought, "Well, bless her for holding a party for her grandkids." The real reason I didn't stay is that she had told me she didn't have much money and I didn't want her to pay two performers for about 5 kids. She really couldn't afford it.

So I spent a couple hours of driving around listening to music in the car.

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.172.114.60 on Mar 17, 2012 10:27 AM

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Senior momentRoy StoneMar 11, 2012
 Bowing outSuzieMar 12, 2012
 Almost happened to meChris WintterMar 12, 2012
 more to the storyTony BordersMar 12, 2012
 A bad checkChris WintterMar 13, 2012
 checksTony BordersMar 13, 2012
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center