AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

Return to Index  

Mic-Mouth: What to do when volunteer won't stay behind it

April 8 2012 at 7:57 PM
Robbie 
from IP address 184.174.169.21

So, I had my first opportunity to use the Mic-Mouth in an Easter show yesterday. I called up a volunteer with "a good voice" and used the fake microphone to have him introduce himself. It (of course) didn't work, so I got a new one (this one was the Mic-Mouth). But, as I put the prop up to his face, he tilted his head back in disgust. He wouldn't let me get it near him! So, I "tested it out" on myself, to show how it worked. Then I attempted to but it back in front of him. No good; he kept dodging the prop. So, I called someone else up. She let me put it in front of her face. The Mic-Mouth said one word, "Hey!!!" then she immediately put her hands over her mouth, then ran back to her seat. So, I had no choice but to do the whole routine on myself, with the Mic-Mouth up to my face. Super awkward. I think I was able to save the moment (or at least keep it from ruining the whole show), but I'd like for this not to happen again.

Has anyone had this happen before? Have you ever had a problem getting the prop to stay on someone's face? How do you deal with it?

A few notes: The kid wasn't so young that he might be afraid of the prop--he was probably a 5th grader. The show was in a church in which I had done years of successful shows, and they are used to me being a ventriloquist, so the talking mouth won't be a shocker either.

I know a lot of you are using the Mic-Mouth all the time with great success. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Familiarity breedsTony BordersApr 8, 2012
 Stand behind our productsAxApr 9, 2012
 titleTony BordersApr 10, 2012
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center