AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

Return to Index  

Taco, my hands free puppet

June 3 2012 at 8:47 PM
Chris Wintter 
from IP address 74.229.139.216

Response to Sharing Feelings - Your Beginnings with Axtell

Almost 5 years ago, after I retired from working at the Post Office for 37 years, I started doing magic shows again, after about a 20 year layoff. About a year after that, I bought a Dragon shoulder puppet, that was somewhat limited with what I could do with him. That puppet sat on a shelf for over a year. I again became interested into ventriloquism, which was also an unfulfilled passion of mine many years ago. After doing a really short routine with the dragon puppet, I really wanted to give ventriloquism a go.

One day while surfing the internet I came across Axtell Expressions, and their line of puppets. This was a little over 3 years ago. What really caught my eye, was the vent hands free Toucan puppets. Being a Disney lover, this puppet brought me back to one of my favorite attractions at Disney World, The Enchanted Tiki Room, and the birds that live there.

Thanks mostly to the ventriloquism lessons on Axtell's site and people like Tony Border, I felt somewhat confident to really get into ventriloquism and also into buying a vent, Hands Free Toucan Puppet.

Unfortunately, this was soon after Ron's passing. There were no Hands Free vent puppets in the USA. There were several Magic 1 puppets, but I did not want one of them. Steve told me there was 1 in England. I then bought that puppet and Steve had him flown back to the US, and then to me. Of course, I was impressed with the way this puppet looked and how he reacted. I guess you could say it was love at first sight.

My first show with this puppet, Taco, was actually on 7/16/2009. What a big hit. Since that first show with him, I have developed a very popular routine with Taco.

Even though, I now have several other Axtell Puppets, it's hard for me to abandon my Taco routine. Being a magician, I do my Taco routine first, which also consists of him doing 3 magic tricks, I then go into my magic show. My Taco routine covers about 20 minutes, and this rest of my show about 30 minutes.

This message has been edited by wizardpa from IP address 74.229.139.216 on Jun 3, 2012 8:49 PM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center