AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bird Arm Illusion Fatigue

August 31 2003 at 6:18 PM

from IP address 12.254.241.253

I just wanted to share an idea. I've been using Vern with the BAI for several years and really enjoy them. I use them on my non-dominant arm because of the need to use my right hand for other things. My only complaint has been that after an extended session my shoulder would get really sore and tired from holding everything up. My wife would tell me that by the end of the show, the arm was often drooping enough to make the illusion lees effective (OK, so maybe I’m a wimp). Well the other day I found a solution, I had an old briefcase (the kind with the leather or pseudoleather shoulder strap) and I attached one end of the strap to my belt loop (opposite the BAI) ran it under my shirt, in front of my shoulder behind my head and into my left shirt sleeve (short sleeved shirt) I actually attached a cheapo carabineer to the end for an easy clip. Then when the time came to get Vern out as I put on the BAI I just clipped the strap to the back metal tube and the arm was supported very nicely (you obviously have to play with this to get the right length) I tried it under live conditions yesterday and it worked like a charm! I wear a vest which helped conceal it but even without the vest it wasn't very visible.
Maybe Steve could come up with an official “bird arm strap” to sell as an Axessory?

Bruce

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ax

Bird Arm Assistant

September 12 2003, 8:51 PM 

Thanks for the suggestion. If your arm fatigues then do what you need to do to lift it back up. Nothing worse than a saging arm and a bird that looks like it will fall off! Most folks don't need anything but if you are doing an all day walk around it can start hurting.
Ax

Current Topic - Bird Arm Illusion Fatigue  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center