It's time to start planning your Easter show for those Parks and Rec Easter egg hunts, or church easter egg hunts. Here are some ideas:
1. Thumb tip, animal balloon, larger plastic eggs. Have a child choose any egg from a zip lock bag of larger plastic eggs. (4 or 5 is plenty). Now you hold the egg the child chose while they open each of the other eggs to see that there is nothing inside. When you open the egg they chose use your thumb tip to pull out an animal balloon. Then blow it up and turn it into the Easter Bunny for the volunteer.
2. Dodo Bird was hatched on Easter and insists on everyone singing Happy Hatch Day to him. He knows all about Easter! Easter is whenever we have a tree and we put lots of lights on the tree and give gifts to each other. (No, that's Christmas) Easter is when I get a cake and they put a candle on the cake and I spit on the cake and make a wish. (That's your birthday.) Easter is...(describe other holidays) then finally. Oh, yeah! Easter is whenever Jesus went into the grave and after 3 days he came out of the grave! And if he sees his shadow we have six more weeks of bad weather! (For secular groups pretend that the Easter bunny comes out of the rabbit hole with a big basket of eggs and if he sees his shadow we have six more weeks of winter.)
3. Use all your flower tricks in an Easter show. It is springtime! You can also use the caterpillar to butterfly silks available through Duane Laflin or your local magic dealer.
4. Pull a tadpole or frog eggs (candy) out of an Easter Egg and place it into a rabbit pan. Talk about the lifecycle of the tadpole. Then produce the Axtell frog.
5. Bird talks about flying back North for the spring. He flew south for the winter and he's just now coming back. he can't believe how big these kids have grown! You say I know a boy that grew another foot. (What does he want with 3 feet?) Then he tells about getting lost on his trip. He got turned around and wound up at the North Pole! He hitched a ride with Santa on Christmas Eve and got dropped off.... etc.