Hi from Belgium

reading every day and looking for updates

best regards

danny

Matt Stafford

I'm here, bringing up the rear

November 22 2007, 6:44 PM 

I'm here
I am a christian vent, everyone is a true blessing to me, you all are so willing to share ideas and comments. This site is a real blessing.
Matman

Mike Covell

Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here

December 30 2007, 2:14 PM 

Greetings,

I am new to the forum, but not to the wonderful world of Axtell puppets!
I have been using Axtell's fine products to amaze children and the young at heart for a number of years.

Mike

Mary

I am reading

January 31 2008, 8:28 AM 

Just discovered this site through an Axtell newsletter, have already gathered invaluable ideas. Thanks.

Tony Borders

invaluable

January 31 2008, 2:41 PM 

For those of you who speak English as a second, third, or fourth language, when one adds "in" as a prefix it means the opposite of the root word. Example: Insufficient means not sufficient.
Mary, I'm sorry that you find the messages invaluable.
Just heaven fun!

Rod Clotz

beginner

February 7 2008, 4:49 PM 

Just bought a MDBoard with afew Axtrax CD's ( 2-3 wks to get to me in Australia ) already have 3 puppets and a theatre but can see I can draw plenty of ideas for church and kids & learn things thru this website

Tony Borders

Welcome

February 7 2008, 7:22 PM 

Welcome aboard, Mate! Play around on the website. You'll find that by clicking on the photos of puppets you often find hidden information and jokes. Sign up to join the International Performer's section as well.

Rod Clotz

chatroom

February 8 2008, 10:19 PM 

Am I able to use chatroom being just north of Brisbane, Australia? thanks Rod

Tony Borders

Chat room

February 9 2008, 7:43 AM 

Yes, I believe so. It is open at 4 pm Pacific Standard Time (California). Give it a try and let Steve know if you had any difficulties.

Julian Franklin

English Rules are made to be broken...

March 3 2008, 6:34 PM 

Tony,

You are correct that "generally" putting "in" before a word changes the meaning, but there are exceptions and "invaluable" is one of them.

Invaluable means "having great value".

In the same way "flammable" means the same thing as "inflammable".

The best way to remember when it changes the word and when it doesn't is to...wait, there is no way to remember. That's just one more reason that English is such a difficult language to learn!

--Julian Franklin

Oh, by the way, I'm reading the forum.

Henk van den Bos

YES!

March 5 2008, 2:26 AM 

Yes i'm a believer (euhhh) reader!!

Richard Charley

Uncle Charley

March 5 2008, 3:52 AM 

Looks agood

Terry Wild

How I remember my lines

March 17 2008, 5:18 PM 

Well, firstly I write all my thoughts on the subject, gags and quips etc. Then I type it out in large type and have the script near my bed so I can read it often. After that I'm pretty right after I practice a few times in front of a mirror minus puppet, and then with a puppet. Sometimes I do what Tony Borders does, and write some land marks to read just before I go on and after that........ I pray! I always add lib anyways, so it comes out in the end ok. This is the first time I have been here , and this site is tops! I am from the East Coast of Australia and there is not many vents here. Puppets are still well accepted though and we find people quickly get into the fantasy of our puppet world, which is great for us. We only work clean and come anywhere near "blue" stuff at all.
best always
Terry

Tommy

I'm new

March 18 2008, 2:49 PM 

I'm here. Just found this forum. I live in Uk and am trying to find the voices and acts for my two lil' boys. Hoping to get Mr. Tucker the turtle for christmas

Steve Axtell

Welcome

March 19 2008, 7:44 AM 

Welcome to the newcomers! Your presence here is appreciated. Please join into all the discussions!

Ax

Just Me

March 19 2008, 8:52 AM 

It's me, your resident new guy! Newbie here.

Don Schockow

Hi !

March 20 2008, 9:42 PM 

Just thought I would check in and say hi. I have been a huge puppet enthusiast ever since I was a small boy. Even though I have worked in the entertainment industry as both talent and production for the past 28 years, I have never had the opportunity to do any real performing with puppets, even though I own a few.

After seeing your website and getting excited about the Magic puppets (the movement is just amazing!), I am now trying to talk my wife into helping me put together a puppet entertainment company for children and family parties and events.

I have a good history in show production......but talking the wife into investing into such a venture....well, that's the hard part. Any ideas?

Glad to be a part of the fun!

Don Schockow
Rainbow Ridge Productions

Tony Borders

Ideas

March 20 2008, 10:20 PM 

Welcome! You might try letting your extra jobs pay for equipment for the first several jobs. (Don't quit your dayjob kind of thing.) You will find much more work for kids than adults when advertising puppets, but that's okay. There are always kids who need entertainment.

What are you looking for in the way of ideas?
How to advertise a new business?
How to convince your wife?
How to put together a show? (You'll find tips on this forum from previous posts.)

Ax

Don of a new Day

March 21 2008, 9:14 AM 

Welcome Don! I know your excitement will carry you a LONG way! I cannot tell you how many times I've heard about people wanting to quit their job to do this....I agree with Tony that do it cautiously and over a good period. Don't underestimate the security of a real job....but then again don't underestimate what your career could potentially become if you turn to Entertainment. There are easy ways to begin the journey.

We have several resources

This Forum (read it all!)

The Learning Center - http://www.axtell.com/learn.html

The Customer Service Page is full of ideas and tips http://www.axtell.com/custserv.html

There are also mail lists for puppetry and ventriloquism listed on our links page http://www.axtell.com (worldvents, puptcrit, christianvents, christpup)

We also host a daily Chat where we can do real time idea exchanges. There are a lot of experienced, and newbies there.

Welcome!

Ax

Ralph Bilodeau

new reader checking in

March 24 2008, 10:42 AM 

Yes, I am reading this BB

Ralph

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 514 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center