AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
SuperRog

Been here a lot

February 8 2011, 3:48 PM 

I've been here a lot lately. I work with Special Needs children at my church in Charleston, SC. I am not in a place to buy any of the puppets right now, but I look forward to exchanging ideas.
I will eventually get The Squirrel, The Turtle and maybe The Old Storyteller though.

Steve Axtell

voice Activated puppet

February 9 2011, 8:21 PM 

Hi Barney, Yes we do make a voice activated puppet.... Our Magic2 System has it as a feature... it's called MotorMouth.... check the videohttp://www.axtell.com/remote.html

barney piercy

yes i read your web site a lot
February 8 2011, 3:15 PM

subject.. does anyone make a voice activated puppet ? where your voice operates the mouth movement so a person can play a guitar and sing and also the puppet can sing to. I dont know how to operate a guitar and puppet at the same time. I always thought it would be a good idea to have a puppet seting across from the ventriloquist like a real person with movement and sing . But to operate a puppet and guitar at same time is a dificult operation to keep in time thank you barney google

John R Lee

Re: WELCOME: Please Check In Here First!

April 10 2011, 7:26 AM 

Reading

Darren

I am a Reader

April 23 2011, 5:07 PM 

Well, yes i am reading this site, but i'm more of a ventriloquist then a
reader happy.gif

However I do have a question to ask and that is:
Is there any thing i can put on the lips of the orangutan, so they don't stick and make a sound when opening?

Besides that i'm really happy that i found out about Axtell and bought the orangutan pro ape.

Thank you

Natalie Miller

I'm here!

May 30 2011, 7:21 PM 

Checking in from down under happy.gif

www.facebook.com/sallysquad

Burrells

New one

June 4 2011, 3:49 AM 

Just to say Hi and I'm thrilled to find this forum!

Tony Borders

Welcome

June 4 2011, 10:13 AM 

Thanks for joining us! Be sure to check out the Search button at the top. Type in any areas of interest, such as Routines or Christmas or School Assemblies, etc. and you'll find discussions on it from the past 9 years!

Larry Easterling

Checking in

June 5 2011, 10:50 AM 

Happy to find this site

David

Re: WELCOME: Please Check In Here First!

June 19 2011, 10:47 AM 

I'm new to posting on the site. I'm currently saving up for my first Axtell puppet, but I have been reading the site since March 2011.

Steve Axtell

Welcome

June 20 2011, 11:32 AM 

Thanks for checking in with us and we're glad you are reading it. What new puppet are you considering?

David

New Puppet

June 20 2011, 1:17 PM 

I showed your catalogue to my nephew, and had him choose for me. He liked them all, but his favorites were Vern, Awsome Possum, and the p-p-platypus. So chances are I would start out with any of those three.

N J

Catalog

June 20 2011, 3:31 PM 

AX if you can please send me a copy of your catalog so I can show it around and get ideas as to what the kids what to see. I already have enough to be a power user but you never have enough Axtells.. They are like Lays potatoe chips bet you can't use just one.

Tony Borders

Laptop

June 20 2011, 3:52 PM 

You'll have to show them on the laptop. There is no printed catalog anymore because it would be outdated by the time they got it back from the printer and out to the customer! Lots of new things happening! Your best bet is to narrow your choices down to less than 6 and let the kids choose from those.

Rick Jenkins

Script Writing

July 3 2011, 3:57 PM 

I have a real hard time getting script material to flow. Anyone have an ideas of how to get things moving?

Tony Borders

script writing

July 3 2011, 4:15 PM 

You'll find that this subject has come up often in the forum. Do a search for script writing (search button is at the top of the page) and you'll get several back posts. Or just type in the word writing and you'll get enough to keep you busy for many hours.

In a nutshell:
Let your character have a background. I just bought a cool fish puppet and Tony Garcia recommended that he be the state fish of Hawaii. That opens up a chance to teach, give him an accent, have him comment on the long swim to California, etc. But he needed a background. I also saw a photo of a spitting fish that knocks spiders off of flowers into the water by spitting a stream of water at them. For older kids that would be great.

Once your character has a background you need to choose the end of the skit before the beginning. Are you entertaining or teaching or both? Think of your skit like a bow and arrow. You have to aim at something. The audience doesn't have to know where you're headed but you do. Example: Imagine your puppet coming out with his head lowered and absolutely no energy because he is so depressed. Where is that headed?

Contrast. Don't be afraid to contrast yourself with the character. That makes it more interesting. You can even argue some.

Tweak it later by adding possible points for a volunteer, audience involvement, music, song, or jokes.

Janice

I'm signed in.

July 11 2011, 8:55 AM 

Just to let you know I'm here.

Donald Lemire

Read by me

July 15 2011, 9:03 AM 

I stop by from time to time to get ideas!

Steve Axtell

Thanks

July 19 2011, 1:51 PM 

Thanks for posting...it's exciting to see that many more are reading and watching the forum. Please feel free to post ANY questions or comments on the other threads. We would love to have new friends here!

Ax

Mike Ching

logging in

August 6 2011, 7:35 AM 

Hi,

I want to respond to the LOG IN NOTICE, but am having trouble logging into the Forum.

There doesn't appear to be any such title as that suggested by the FIRST TIME link.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

MikeC

Kolleen Birkmeyer

Ken Groves on tour

August 6 2011, 7:46 AM 

Hi, I would LOVE to be coached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Esp because I am using it for a Ministry and I want the message to be CLEAR, and not that I get in the way at all, and that it is professional and they don't walk away saying .."did u see her move her lips, or feel as though they could have even done better. I want them to walk away feeling as if the "dummy" was actually speaking to them!! and the "dummy" not being me..I have watched many "vents" and some are so good with the back and forth, it looks so natural and that's what i want..so if you could help a rummy like me..sign me up!! I also belong to a clown alley and wonder if they would have you come and talk for 45 minutes or so... I live in Bowmansville, NY a suburb of Buffalo

< Previous Page 14 5 6 7 814 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center