AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Expo brand Markers and the Drawing Board

March 13 2008 at 8:50 AM

Ax 
from IP address 75.84.173.252

I wanted to clarify some information on the Expo brand Markers that are required to use with the Drawing Board.

SANFORD the company who makes the EXPO brand markers used to call our preferred marker EXPO 2. It uses alcohol in them as the solvent. Now they have changed the name to EXPO LOW ODOR. This is the same marker as the old Expo 2...just a new name. They are fading out the Expo 2 brand name so you might still find them around.

EXPO (ORIGINAL INK) These are also dry erase but they have keytone in them as a solvent and will stain our plastic we use on the drawing board. NEVER use these plain EXPO markers (original ink)...they will stain the board.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony Borders

Clean 'dat board

March 13 2008, 10:07 AM 

If you do find your plastic stained you can order replacements from Axtell. Steve has recommended in the past that you use rubbing alcohol to clean it. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Steve Axtell

Cleaning

March 13 2008, 11:28 AM 

Right Tony. Rubbing alcohol will remove Expo Low Odor / Expo 2 stains only. If you use plain Expo which is keytone based, or accidentally use permanent markers you need new plastic. You can order it on the illusions page http://www.axtell.com/illusions.html

Always wipe off your board, right after your performance.

Ax

Ken Rush

Cleaning the Drawing Board

March 31 2008, 3:47 PM 

Steve...
I noticed after a while that the Expo 2 markers left a very faint outline on the plastic where I would draw the face and the face features. I used a product called Goo-Gone along with some cotton balls (and some elbow grease), and it cleaned the Board of the marker residue very well. Be sure to go back over the Board and remove the residue of the Goo-Gone thoroughly with cotton balls and alcohol. After this treatment, the plastic looked brand new! Be sure not to use the product called GOOF-OFF, as this will destroy your plastic!!!
Ken

Ax

Expose'

March 31 2008, 6:42 PM 

I haven't tried that product, but rubbing alcohol is the solvent and works great.

Ax

Montana's Santa

Cleaning da board

March 31 2008, 8:27 PM 

If a color dries on my boarfd, I simply go over it a couple of times with the same color and wipe it off... it has alway worked so far.

Steve Axtell

Marker Tip

April 1 2008, 8:09 AM 

Yes Santa that works because the alcohol solvent is wet in the ink. That tip is on the website too. http://www.axtell.com/mdb.html

Never leave the drawings on the plastic for more than a day for best erasing....and never leave it in a hot car to bake on.... and warp the plastics.

Ax

Montana's Santa

various colors

April 2 2008, 10:24 AM 

I've been using a variety of colors of the low odor expo markers and haven't had a problem with any of them... plus it makes the art much more colorful... especially my talking Christmas tree.

Norman 'N jay'

drawing board problems

July 17 2008, 5:16 AM 

Hi Steve
Just a simple recommendation for your boards doesn't matter the size of the board place a very thin piece of plastic over the board except the mouth area, when the Vent is finished using the board the thin plastic is a throw away...so it helps in having to worry about cleaning and stains on the board.
N Jay

Norman 'N jay'

drawing board problems

July 17 2008, 5:19 AM 

Hi Steve
Just a simple recommendation for your boards doesn't matter the size of the board place a very thin piece of plastic over the board except the mouth area, when the Vent is finished using the board the thin plastic is a throw away...so it helps in having to worry about cleaning and stains on the board. do you remember Winky Dink And You when your drew on the tv screen same type of idea
N Jay

Steve Axtell

New Click Markers

November 30 2008, 3:59 PM 

Expo2 or Expo Low Ordor are the same safe markers that you can use for the board. They come in all colors. We only sell the black so go visit your office supply store locally.
[linked image]

Also there is a new type of Expo Low Ordor that I have only heard about that is the same size chisel tip, but does not have a pull off lid. It's like a click pen! Kind of cool.... Check this out...

[linked image]

http://www.registration.expocolors.com

James

board itself discolored

January 27 2009, 8:37 PM 

Is there any way to buy another checkered board? I need a plastic cover to it but see that you sell the plastic one. I could get away with using the discolored background but sure would like to replace it.

Tony Borders

For sales

January 27 2009, 11:17 PM 

For sales or service contact orders@axtell.com or steve@axtell.com

Steve Axtell

Grid paper

January 28 2009, 8:26 AM 

If you buy the plastic Robin will give you grid paper if you ask for it. Or...You can send it back for a refurbishment. Right now the cost is $25 plus shipping. We'll replace the paper and the plastic and strengthen anything that needs it. It must say "Pro Magic Drawing Board" on the label however. The very very old "Magic Drawing Boards" (over 15 years old now) need to be replaced.

Ax

Dave Madsen

cleaning the board

April 16 2009, 8:40 AM 

For what it's worth, the Expo markers I got with my original Magic Drawing Board (many years ago) are just called Sanford Expo, series No. 83000. There is no "2" behind the Expo.

Tony Borders

New and improved

April 16 2009, 9:23 AM 

The boards came out before the Expo 2 markers were available. Now those that come from the ol'factory are called Expo "low odor" which sounds better than number 2.

Your plastic will thank you for the low odor. You will be drawing a nose, after all.

N Jay

I Forgot to Order mine

April 16 2009, 5:39 PM 

AX
When I see you at the conVENTion this year I will probably have to order a Board as well. Can I get what ever I order shipped? Am I a Dum Dum of course I can What I meant to ask is what it would cost to ship my order, either laughing Louie-How does he come dressed? or The Old storyteller and the board?
By the way I shotened my last name to look good on my business card and fit on a marquee(hahaha I should be so lucky) but I just realized what it meant Its Holtzman can you figure it out? I shortened it to Holtz.
N Jay

Steve Axtell

Boards at Vent Haven

April 16 2009, 7:29 PM 

Mr. Holtz.....You can buy a board at Vent Haven. We will have a rep there I'm sure. I was going to come myself but adjusting to Ron's passing is too much....I need to wear too many hats right now. Ax

N Jay

Holtz

April 17 2009, 5:21 AM 

Well must say you certainly will be missed...If you can even make it there for one day it would be wonderful to see you. And the Mr. Holtz whats that, hahaha Holtz shortened from Holtzman woodman means Wood In your case Baaaa!!!! hahaha!!!
N J

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center