AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Vent haven countown

June 23 2008 at 7:49 AM

from IP address 208.101.175.139

Ok, I need to ask a favor of everybody: Starting July 1st, I want everyone to post just one number on this thread, and it will be the COUNTDOWN TO VENT HAVEN. please participate!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ron Crowley

Get your motor running

June 23 2008, 7:16 PM 

Got my business cards..got my Axtell chimp..got my packing list..got my..
Terry Fator is conducting a workshop..still I sure wish we could get Ronn Lucas back!
I'm wondering who'll be staffing the Axtell booth. Now remember you learned last hear there is no oil shortage in the Excited States. It's all been diverted to the food of northern Kentucky. Ribbons found a deli last year so I'll have to check it out.
Got find four or five hours to go into Cincinnati..especially to the downtown mall and the CD store. The owner knows ALL rock groups of the 60's and 70's!
Hmmm I'm driving this year...$500 bucks for 2 short hop flights(return)no way!
Man, there's a few people and few booths I want to see again.
Head out on the highway.

Ax

Vent Haven Reps

June 23 2008, 8:22 PM 

Dan and Mary Fry will be repping the Axtell Booth. They will introduce the Hands-Free puppets and I think Ron will be there as well!

Ax

Tony Borders

Motor

June 23 2008, 8:43 PM 

I'm shaking my head. I seem to remember it as "Keep Your Motor Runnin'". Mind you, it must have been from hearing my dad or my grandfather singing it. Can I really be getting that old?

I defer to Tony on vent..however..

June 24 2008, 4:45 AM 

Get your motor running,
Head out on the highway,
Lookin' for adventure,
In whatever comes our way

Yeah, darlin', gonna make it happen,
Take the world in a love embrace,
Fire all of your guns at once and
Explode into space

Like a true nature's child,
We were born, born to be wild,
We can climb so high,
I never want to die,
Born to be wild
Born to be wild
Now Steppenwolf was an Oshawa, Ontario band(Jack London and the Sparrow who exploded in California and changed its name) ..about 40 miles away.
Secondly..yeah, Mary Fry is at the booth..which Ron is coming.me or Ronn Lucas? Finally,Tony it was Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds..not Judy In Disguise. LOL.Ron

Tony Borders

Thanks!

June 24 2008, 7:30 AM 

Touche'. I liked the added laugh bonus with Judy in Disguise. Our parents were never offended by the lyrics because they couldn't understand them. They had such great hits as
Chickeree chick cherah cherah.
And Oo-Ee-oo-ah-ah. Bing bang walla walla bing bang.
Or Every shananah, every wo-o-o-oh stil shines. Every shingalingaling...

And the all time classic:
marezedoz and dozedoz and lilamzedivy,
a kidledivee too. Wooden shoe?

mark truman

Re: Motor

June 24 2008, 7:49 AM 

I'm packed too! Pineapple my Parrot and Fred my lion are both coming with me. of course they're now fighting as to who gets the top berth! Ron, thanks! I never thought of business cards!! will have to get some ordered today!

Mr. Axtell......favor to ask of you

June 29 2008, 3:50 PM 

Mr. Axtell, on July 1st, would you please be do the honors of starting the Countdown to Vent Haven by placing the first number of the Countdown on the board? I would really appreciate that! We are going to start from 16 and count downward from there. Thanks again!

Here we go

July 1 2008, 5:08 PM 

Re: Here we go

July 1 2008, 7:47 PM 

July 2 2008, 4:54 AM 

Wanlu

Re: 15

July 2 2008, 8:10 PM 

Re: 15

July 2 2008, 8:11 PM 

But for all of you...

countdown

July 3 2008, 3:08 PM 

catorce

Ron Crowley

Who's going to Vent Haven?

July 3 2008, 8:09 PM 

Ron and his chimp and his Garmin 680 are.

NEXT!

July 5 2008, 11:20 AM 

mark t

countdown

July 6 2008, 7:02 AM 

aaahhh, ummmmm, oh yea!

12!,,, really? i guess i better start packing!

mark t

Re: countdown

July 8 2008, 8:07 AM 

ok, who was in charge of 11 ? you missed your day! so,....

10 !

Hang on a sec...

July 8 2008, 10:53 AM 

wait a second! VH is on a wednesday, so today would 8 right?

Newbie Matt

new number

July 9 2008, 5:21 PM 

VENT HAVEN IS IN ONE WEEK!!!!

Montana's Santa

re: Venthaven

July 9 2008, 5:25 PM 

PLEASE REVISE YOUR VENTHAVEN SEMINAR SCHEDULE: Due to the fact Monday has been moved to Tuesday next Wednesday, the Thursday seminar will not be held Friday since Saturday falls on Sunday which is a holiday.

Ronn Lucas

July 10 2008, 7:19 AM 

Mr. Axtell, early on when Ron Crowley said about getting Mr. Lucas back to VH, you replied about the Axtell reps. You also said (Paraphrasing) "I think Ron will be there as well." did you mean the ron who asked the question, or did you mean another Axtell rep, or did you mean Mr. Lucas and just forgot the extra "n" on the end?
Thanks!
Matt

Ron Crowley

Out of the mouths of..

July 10 2008, 10:00 AM 

Okay,everyone..set up your lawn chairs because I too want to know the answer.
By the way new bee you may use your name..everyone except Tony Borders does. That's because in 1971 he was an Illinois resident teenager called Wayne ______who never came out of his room. He was intent on discovering a shorter route to China. Instead he invented..excuse me again..no Dear, I had Louisiana 151 proof rum in my vegetable soup so I didn't take them..I'll be right back!@!!!!

Newbie Matt

I know

July 10 2008, 11:24 AM 

Hey Mr. Crowley. I only use Newbie anymore because I dont want anyone thinking there are 2 diffrent people involved. So, to make sure there is no confusion, I use newbie in my name. Also, I know that thing about Mr. Borders is a joke, but I don't get it. can you explain, please?

Also, Mr. Crowley, in your reply, could you include your email adress in the Your email box, because I want to email you with more VH stuff that I am wondering about.

Ron Crowley

Now look what I've gone and done!!

July 10 2008, 12:23 PM 

Hi Matt. Actually. you would be better served by going on line to Tony Border's professional site as he is writing a book about ventriloquism and asking him questions.
Another idea would be to dip your feet in the water and take a vent course, although you might find it easier to get a vent instruction book.(i.e.-Barnes and Noble or E Bay)
Course, another option would be to absorb all the lessons on the Axtell site.
Then on this forum go back and read all Tony Border's threads which deal with scripts and instruction..he shows great promise as a belly talker.
And then, on this site just ask your question.i.e.-how do I introduce the concept of ventriloquism to kids?
Next, use the Axtell site to link to the Vent Haven site. Start at the first year and work your way up. It will take weeks and most will be too much for you at this point, but it's a valuable, free resource. Finally, when you're ready for prime time move to Montana. There are only 3 vents in the whole state and there's a place in Zortman which will give anyone a chance. They have a contest for Montana belly talkers called Last Vent Standing. Good luck,Matt

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.167.234.152 on Jul 12, 2008 8:16 AM

Montana's Santa

Ron did it again

July 12 2008, 11:50 AM 

He didn't mention gas is less than $4 a gallon in some parts of the state, or that we have fresh air and clean water... and sub-zero temperatures 9 months of the year.

He's just jealous of the pristing beauty of our mountains and plains...

But he was right in saying read Tony Borders books -- concentrate on the material, not the guy who wrote them -- and look through your local library to see what they have to offer.

But don't come to Montana, I don't need the competition.

Newbie Matt

Wait a sec.................................

July 12 2008, 3:55 PM 

I am confused. last time I was on, there were 30 posts. I wonder what happened....4

Oops

July 12 2008, 8:53 PM 

My mistake. Ron asked me to fix his post which I did, then I deleted the post that asked me to fix it (because now it wouldn't make sense) so....it deleted everything after it. I figured it out for next time. Carry on.

Ax

Ron Crowley

Je comprend

July 13 2008, 3:38 AM 

Thanks, Steve..I hadn't seen any action from you or Tony in about 4 days which meant Montana(where it's "pristing"-smile face) and I were in charge.
Question...got a performance slated for mid-August in the nearby town's historic Victoria Park.
I will not do vent in the rain..my Axtell figure is too precious..also I don't bring Floyd into bright sunshine.At Vent Haven I cover him with a towel until just before the outdoor crowd pic is snapped.
Has anyone ever stipulated they won't perform in adverse weather conditions because of possible damage to figures, props, curtains or magic effects?
Actually, since I'm driving this year I shall not bring Floyd since the summer car temperatures(non-running) are too high.
Finally, Steve what will be the main thrust at your corner booth this year at Vent Haven? Sure would be nice if there were T-shirts for the Axtell figure owners to wear.
I think I'll start packing today. Wish there was some way we all could meet at the Drawbridge. You know, a note or business card left at the Axtell booth might be an idea. It'd be a heck of a good group for a supper at a table in one of the hotel's restaurants.

Re: Je comprend

July 13 2008, 6:53 AM 

Ron, Terry Fator has me pretty busy right now working on 5 new characters and the Hands-Free puppets are totally involving all my staff right now.... so much to do! Sorry I haven't been able to jump in here more often and especially on the daily Chat lately.

Tony's back from IFEST now, he repped up there, so you will be hearing from him again soon. He has so much to tell about IFEST!

At Vent Haven, Dan & Mary Fry will be repping the amazing Axtell booth...where we will have the Hands-Free Vent Toucan, the Hands-Free Vent Chimp...and Ssidney the Ssilly Ssnake, plus many many more characters. Make sure you take an Axtell puppet to the group photo, there will be an Axtell Family Photo following it. Check with Dan and Mary about that. I won't be able to be there this year because of my schedule.

About performing in the sun.... it isn't a problem for an hour or so. Your best defense is to protect your puppet with the Armorall every 3 months. Not much more or less than that. It protects against UV and Ozone. Yeah avoid hot cars of course.

Have fun at Vent Haven! Get together, enjoy, and say hi to Terry for me!

Ax

Tony Borders

Checking in

July 13 2008, 12:55 PM 

Just checking in from I-Fest. If there is a Big Baby puppet prop at Axtell's booth at Vent Haven try to set up a time for a photo shoot. It looks great. I pulled it out during a competition emcee slot (about 2 minutes) and as soon as I put it on the participant people were whipping out their cameras for pictures. You'll want a souvenir of your trip and a photo of you as a "baby" on your "About Me" page on your website. Don't forget!

Ron, I don't quite understand why you don't want a hot figure in your car? It shows that we're getting older.

Tony Borders

Rain or shine

July 13 2008, 1:02 PM 

P.S. If you do leave some of your regular figures behind due to weather you can always use novelty ventriloquism with an audience member, or the talking cup as a filler. The Off-The Meter should work well in rain or shine, and that gets the audience cheering. I once had ALL day in 100 degrees so I could do 3 short shows. I asked and they had a tent with a swamp cooler, so I put my trunk of puppets where the cool air would blow over the top. If you only have one or two puppets you might put ice packs (not ice) in a large cooler and put plastic over that (or in ziploc bags lest the chemical leak) then put the figures on top. Add bubble wrap on top for additional insulation in keeping the cool in. I've never done this but it's a thought.

If you don't bring a figure don't tell the host. It would be bad to say, "If it hadn't been such a bad day I could have brought all my stuff." They would feel slighted. Just keep it to yourself and do your fillers.

Newbie Matt

Welcome back!

July 13 2008, 2:26 PM 

Welcome Back, Mr. Borders! 3

Ron Crowley

What does this mean?

July 14 2008, 5:37 PM 

"I pulled it out during a competition emcee slot (about 2 minutes) and as soon as I put it on the participant people were whipping out their cameras for pictures."

Please, what is a competition MC slot..who were the participant people?

NewbieMatt

AN D YET ANOTHER

July 14 2008, 8:20 PM 

mark t

countdown

July 15 2008, 3:43 PM 

"music under"
I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be sane again!!!!

,..... 1 !!!!,.....

see you all there!

Tony Borders

Competition MC

July 15 2008, 3:56 PM 

At I-Fest there are 3 separate competitions for ventriloquists. Musical, Senior (based on experience) and Novice. There are 3 judges who give scores and write comments down. In order to allow the judges to have time to write comments there is a Master of Ceremonies for each event, who takes up two to 3 minutes between each.

-Tony

LAST TIME

July 15 2008, 3:57 PM 

First of all, before we "reveal" the last number, I want to thank you all for participating in this countdown, and sharing thoughts along the way. I cannot wait for tomorrow, when I get to learn more about ventriloquism, meet some of you in person. After VH, I will be putting up a "Post VH" thread, where everyone can share there Vent Haven experiences.

Once again, Thank you for participating in the "Countdown to Vent Haven" and I'll see you tomorrow!
MATT
Now without further ado.....................................................

ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE
ONE

(Each "ONE" represents each number of the countdown)

and....

July 15 2008, 4:39 PM 

BLASTOFF!!

Wanlu

Have fun at VentHaven everyone...

July 16 2008, 8:14 PM 

and in a few days...the countdown begins again

God willing I'll be with you guys next year or the year after next

Current Topic - Vent haven countown  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center