AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

HANDS-FREE Animatronic Puppets (Public Forum)

October 25 2008 at 11:06 AM

Steve Axtell 
from IP address 76.167.233.251

The Axtell Hands-Free Puppets (Remote Control & Animatronic) Area! Post your HFP Puppets questions, comments, photos, publicity etc. here. This is a direct link from the main Hands-Free Puppet page http://www.axtell.com/remote.html

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.172.114.60 on Nov 24, 2011 10:27 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Steve

Snippets from the Magic Cafe

November 15 2008, 5:32 AM 

Recent posts yesterday on the Magic Cafe. We have one of the longest most intensely exciting threads on the cafe about these Hands-Free Puppets. I'll put a link to the year long thread below but here are a few posts from yesterday....

Jeff Christensen (Canadian who just received his Magic Chimp)....
I'll try to take some pics later tonight when I do a stage rehearsal. It's now recess and I have several large ATA cases carrying all of my gear. If I have any energy left over I will give an update tonight.

Suffice to say that this is BIG FUN
jeff

ps. Just received my first unsolicited magic chimp booking...apparently the word is out!

Yeah....the bookings will come to you as people start talking about it. Great to hear it's already started within a few days!

Ax
I like the fact that my agent can now place me in other catagories for clients. Instead of being a family entertainer or a childrens entertainer, I can now be hired as a teacher, as well as a salesman.

Clients that normally would not consider me at all are now looking at the RCAP as a client. Conventions and trade shows is a perfect example. I can bring potential clients to the booth and educate them about my clients products or services using the RCAP.

I will be listed as "Unique" for these types of clients. These are the ones that would not normally consider a magician. Once the other vendors see the impact this thing has, I can't imagine the future holds anything except high demand, which includes higher fees. Also, since I am able to incorporate video with my presentations, my delivery is powerful, memorable, and a step above the competition.

I seriously believe the RCAP will change my entire life and make me a local celebrity beyond my expectations. All the local TV stations have a morning news and event show. They are ALL interested in having me and the RCAP on to entertain them as well as educate them on what I do, why I do, how I do, and because it's unique and entertaining, easily gives me an advantage in my area. Muzicman

Things appear to be progressing exactly how Ax predicted at the beginning of this (Magic Cafe) thread. (Started 1 year ago) The number of new bookings and opportunities have/will grow exponentially. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster and I'm slowly climbing up the first big hill and am excited about the wild ride that's coming. LOOK OUT BELOW!!

jeff

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=233079&forum=17&start=0

Louis Taylor

Christmas Show

November 24 2008, 11:19 PM 

I have just got Tommy the Talking Toucan loaed with Jingle Bells which had some changes made to it for me by Steve and the gang. My Christmas Show is going to be so much fun with this fella in it.
I've now had my Toucan since August and the smile still hasn't gone away! These are so much fun to have in your shows!

Louis

Steve Axtell

Photo Gallery

November 26 2008, 8:50 AM 

There is a big photo gallery of Hands-Free Remote Control Puppets in action by friends and customers here

http://www.axtell.com/remotecust.html

Steve Axtell

Shipping like crazy....

November 26 2008, 9:20 PM 

Another 5 went out this week!

Happy Thanksgiving

Steve Axtell

Nelson Beakley - the remote toucan

November 27 2008, 11:29 PM 

My shows are so much more fun with the new remote toucan. He's a great partner and provides for several running gags throughout the performance. I leave him onstage in the "alive" mode during the whole program. Kids ask me after the show if Nelson is real.

I just added the toucan to my promo video (you can also see the Axtell Remote Marker Board):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gisVaDHFTeo

John Hadfield

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.91.12.27 on Nov 29, 2008 8:14 AM

Steve Axtell

Owner's Forum

November 28 2008, 10:39 AM 

Here is a screen shot of the Hands-Free Owner's Forum... Lots of members and posting activity with free MagicTrax files to download and lots of owner support!

[linked image]

When you get one of the Hands-Free Puppets you are invited to be a member of the owner's forum. You are never alone with this animatronic technology...we're with you all the way!

Ax

Steve Axtell

John & Nelson

November 29 2008, 8:11 AM 

Awesome promo video John! What a professional show!
Ax

Steve Axtell

Louis & Tommy

November 29 2008, 8:12 AM 

Louis...I can't wait to see your show in action! Post a video on Youtube and then you can link the embed code right in here Like I did Johns.

Ax

Steve Axtell

Andy Kean in New Zealand

December 1 2008, 8:26 AM 

Here is Andy Kean in New Zealand with his new Toucan

[linked image]

Rob Gaffney

Rob Gaffney performs with Cecil the Toucan in the UK!

December 9 2008, 3:44 PM 

Well another satisfied Toucan Owner in the UK. I have already performed 3 Christmas Shows with Cecil and all I can tell you is that he went down a storm. Lets not forget that you need a strong show to start with as I already had. So I am guessing you are wondering how much he was in the show? Well about 12 minutes worth to be exact. And yes I did close and Louis has mentioned above with the Jingle Bells Routine. If you are even considering adding one of these to your show please try and see one live and in person. The videos really don't do them justice, as they are so much better in person. After all you would when putting a prop into your show so you should with one of these.

Every time I get him out to practice with my face lights up with a smile and I have only had Cecil for just over a week. What I can say is that the children and adults were mesmerized by him and all commented on how great the show was and how funny Cecil was. The children even came up and said goodbye to Cecil before they left. To me that says it all. Happy faces after a great show.

If you are based in the UK like I am then they will be appearing a few of the big conventions in January and February of 2009, so you really should get out to them if you can. Now honestly how many props do you own that put a smile on your face every time you get them out to work? For me this is the only one. After a while even I forget he's a puppet. I'll send Steve a picture of him in action with me next week after I get one during a public show.

All the best

Rob Gaffney - Magician (Robbie Magic)

Steve Axtell

Lou Hilario & his Hands-Free Chimp

December 14 2008, 6:10 PM 

Lou Hilario and his chimp MoyMoy training parrots in the Philippines!

[linked image]

Here is "Jingle Bells"...

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.167.229.131 on Dec 15, 2008 4:58 AM

Steve Axtell

Dragon coming out!

December 27 2008, 8:31 PM 

Check this out!

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.167.229.131 on Dec 27, 2008 8:47 PM

Steve Axtell

Dragon with smoker!

December 28 2008, 7:15 PM 

Steve Axtell

Hands-Free Tree!

January 16 2009, 6:18 PM 

Today a customer ordered a Hands-Free Tree! We only make the face and the client joins it to a tree base that is usually 20-30 feet tall. The tree will look around and talk from the Magic System.... There will be an animatronic Chimpanzee in the branches. You can see our big tree at http://www.axtell.com/custom.html

Ax

Steve Axtell

Video of a big group

February 6 2009, 7:51 PM 

Getting ready to ship off to customers.....

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.167.237.203 on Feb 6, 2009 7:51 PM

Steve Axtell

Michael Fitch video on day 2

February 26 2009, 5:02 PM 

Michael Fitch is the winner of the "International Children's Entertainer" Award from Blackpool this year. He used his winnings toward the purchase of the Hands-Free Chimp... check this out.

Steve Axtell

Louis Taylor new Toucan videos

March 25 2009, 8:00 AM 

Steve Axtell

Toca Colored Toucan

March 25 2009, 8:52 PM 

Check out this "Toca" Toucan we are making available... the first one was for Michael Schurkamp in Germany...

[linked image]

[linked image]

Steve Axtell

Steve Axtell On Stage (England 2009)

March 29 2009, 11:43 AM 

Here is my kid show performed at the S. Tyneside convention in England. It's 20 min. I did the first half as a ventriloquist with a Toucan hand puppet, and the second half with the Hands-Free Animatronic Toucan & Drawing board. For the second half I used MagicTrax for the voices to demonstrate the technique to the magicians at the show.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center