AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Back in the USSR

September 14 2009 at 5:17 AM
Ron Crowley 
from IP address 209.226.138.181

I drank my own well water this morning and also discovered the raccoons had not visited my corn while I was south in the Excited States. Folks, Indianapolis is a most clean and civilized American city. I met so many thinking Americans and to a person their first question was,"Would you please exp[lain your health system?" Answer--"It's been there since 1967 and it just works.
now the reason I was in the City of Colts(used to be Baltimore,no?)was to see two Cracked Up shows by David Granirer. His thing is to take ten social misfits or mentally ill people; train them for 15 weeks and then do a stand up show in major cities. I got to know some of the "volunteers" and we wrote and riffed off each other for three days before Saturday night's packed, standing ovation show at one of the city's mammoth hotels. Of course, in the audience I double clapped especially for Army vet,Laura who swore she would be the first Cracked Up comic to faint. She didn't although her joke about Young Republicans resulted in four people stamping out of the packed,posh ballroom. Folks, I had an awfully good time and now have a better idea of how to be a better comedy writer and also a reemphasis that the true sign of a healthy spirituality is to go out and help people in need. What an unexpected religious retreat! Ron

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony Borders

Dig raccoons?

September 15 2009, 9:32 PM 

I went out to sneak water on my grass in the backyard this afternoon. (Made sure there was no California Water Patrol in sight). And I saw that something had been digging holes in my yard! They were the same size as the holes my golf clubs make on the greens. I have only seen cats and squirrels back there. Do raccoons dig in the dirt? There would have been peach pits in the ground.

Dig it?

September 15 2009, 10:41 PM 

Ron Crowley

Merci,merci ( not the 1971 hit by Brother Marvin Gaye)

September 16 2009, 1:12 PM 

Thanks guys. I know I'm not the cat who is the religious cheerleader but in Indianapolis my training on dealing with mentally ill people was a spiritual jump start.
I know I'll use the info in all my drives as a volunteer especially my favourite lectures which showed us how to with stressed, exhausted family members of someone who is sick with clinical depression or bi polar disorder. By the way, some of the the creme de la creme of American psychiatrists and researchers were speakers. Their best prescription for someone with mental illness was take your meds and regular daily exercise.Gee, I met a lot of fantastic,thinking Americans who know the best government policy is to be kind to other people. In my previous letter I was still pretty high from Indy and I was hoping I hadn't upset anyone by my stream of consciousness writing.
An American visit which impressed me greatly.
Ron

Current Topic - Back in the USSR  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center