AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Clothes make the dummy

October 4 2009 at 3:28 PM
Tony Borders 
from IP address 71.155.149.45

I saw a great looking outfit that will turn the new Oldest Man puppet into Scrooge. It was a vampire outfit at Toys R Us. It is a victorian style white shirt with paisley vest and red bow tie with high collars, along with a cape.

Question: What size outfit do the Divas wear? there are some great looking girl rock singer outfits out there right now for Halloween. I don't have a Diva but am seriously considering one.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ron Crowley

All Hallows Eve. She's Not There.

October 7 2009, 3:46 AM 

Tony,I think this October's Halloween's displays have given me the most treasures. I got an orange derby hat for a dollar and a size five T shirt of The Zombies. On the back it says Tell Her No.
Certainly it is the time of the season.Ron

Tony Borders

Dress them with a 'tude

October 7 2009, 10:02 AM 

One of the best ways to dress up your figure (hmm) is by giving them an attitude. Check out Taylor Mason's Romeo figure. It gets laughs before it even speaks. Fortunately the design of the latex puppets makes it really easy to see personality, but first impressions can be strengthened with attitude. I've seen several people who use Willie the Kid and he has been used as fast, slow, smart, not so smart (can't say dumb, remember), a nerd, a tough kid, etc. It all fits once we hear him speak. I love Willie the Kid because he can be a character actor.

Mortimer Snerd was limited in what he could do and say. Charlie McCarthy was not. Charlie could be glad, sad, mad (and often was). He could catch on quickly or not so quickly. Mortimer was, well, Mortimer.

So think about each of your puppets. What attitude can you give them. I have a bulldog who is naturally mean, but trying to learn how to smile. (The latex lets me spread out my pinky to one corner of his mouth and my index finger to the other and push up the corners. Always gets a laugh.)

I don't have other examples because I need to work on this myself. Check out Mark Thompson videos for the little girl's attitude. "Thank you, Marky!" www.markarts.net

Of course, Jeff Dunham is the master of attitude. Note that much of what is funny because of HOW it's said. If you read it in a book it might not get a laugh, but when the old man, or the manager express themselves, it's hilarious.

Tony Borders

Good Will costume shop

October 7 2009, 2:18 PM 

Wow! My wife and I hit a gold mine for costumes at Good Will today. I got a leather jacket to change the warthog into a road hawg! My daughter got a leather jacket with studs to do either Michael Jackson or early Elvis Presley. We found a Wizard of Oz Dorothy dress, plus odds and ends. I may go back for the tux with tails (they had white or black) in a puppet size.

Check out your local thrift stores for costumes! The only thing cheaper would be a Lady Godiva outfit! (My wife won best costume the year she went as Lady Godiva, but they didn't know where to pin the ribbon.)

Another Great idea from Tony

October 7 2009, 5:02 PM 

Hey Tony,

I went to Good Will just like you said and found a Dorothy dress too! Perfect for my shows in Kansas in November. You're right, Clother do make the dummy.
[linked image]

Tony Borders

Funny Foto

October 7 2009, 6:17 PM 

Steve, you gave me the best laugh of the day. Loved your photo. I notice that the tin man seems to have more than a passing interest in you as well. Toto's costume is very thoughtful.

Tony Borders

Good finds at Good Will

August 29 2011, 5:26 PM 

Our local Good Will stores have put out their Halloween costumes already. I picked up 5 so far! If you have an Axtell Diva you can really hit the gold mine. One separated them not only by size (a couple hundred costumes) but also by category. Pirates, Victorian, Sports, Heroes, Transformers, Aliens, Cheerleaders, Witches, Queens, etc. There are a lot of new and used hats as well.

The average price is $5 to $10. Cool stuff!

Jeff

Diva Size

August 30 2011, 7:00 AM 

Little Girl Size 4 (Small) is what I use for the Diva and they fit great!

Travis H

Re: Clothes make the dummy

August 30 2011, 7:05 PM 

But, Scarecrow, there's a brain... right... there...

Tony Borders

Picture proof

August 30 2011, 7:44 PM 

Aha! You now have photographic evidence that Dorothy was messing with the scarecrow's mind! Typical.

SuperRog

Speaking of clothes

August 30 2011, 7:53 PM 

During each of the Magic Moment videos that I've seen thus far, it appears that your Willie puppet [to the right of Steve's back] is not wearing any clothes. Looks like he's in his underwear. What's up with that?

Thanks
Rog

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I know that fully well.
Ps. 139 [NIV]

Tony Borders

Willie

August 31 2011, 7:32 AM 

Willie the Kid comes undressed, so he just happened to be displayed that way. At least, that's what he is telling everyone. I think it has more to do with growing up in sunny Ventura, CA with a free spirit myself.

Steve Petra

undressed for success

August 31 2011, 10:11 AM 

The first day of the convention, Willie the Kid mercilessly teased the Cheeky Monkeys. While Willie was in the shower, the monkeys grabbed his clothes and held them for a ransom of twenty two bananas and a coconut. Willie never paid up and was sold in his birthday suit.

Current Topic - Clothes make the dummy  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center