AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Axtrax

November 7 2009 at 12:44 PM
Tony Borders 
from IP address 75.20.191.68

Just a note that there are a couple of new Axtrax available. YOu can read the scripts here
http://www.axtell.com/axtrax.html

One is called Stranger Danger and the other is Chimp has Fleas. Stranger Danger is great for preschools or elementary school assemblies that have anything to do with friends and strangers. Yes, even as part of the bullying program.

The Chimp has Fleas is a great introduction to a Flea Circus OR to magic tricks that are done by the flea. Here are some magic trick ideas that could be attributed to fleas. (or ghosts for that matter)
Rising Card
Rope in the Bottle
Uncanny Hanks
Silks off Coat Hanger
Tie a slip knot and give the flea credit for "untying" the knot

When I do a flea routine it is usually the favorite part of the program. With some tongue clicking you can have the flea tap dance while and hum a song. (you hum in the back of your throat) "Tea for Two" is good.

The Books are a Treasure skit is GREAT for next summer's USA library theme as well. It is about a puppet who can't stop reading the book, Treasure Island. Great stuff, especially if you are incorporating a pirate.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

AxTraxs

November 7 2009, 2:18 PM 

Tony Borders and Steve Petra are writing some new AxTrax for us. Tony's first one is Stranger Danger! You can read it and listen to the whole routine at the link Tony gave above.

(So many new things!....it's like CHRISTMAS!)

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.91.10.84 on Nov 7, 2009 2:31 PM

the best I've heard!

November 8 2009, 12:26 PM 

Tony and Steve,
Your new Axtrax "Stranger Danger" is the best approach I've heard on that subject. We have been asked by 2 schools in past times, to give a story on Stranger Danger, and for the life of me I couldn't think up a message without the yuck factor coming into it, so like a true Dingo, .... I ducked it! I think you guys nailed it, the message is clear, easy to understand, and with a little gentle attention getting humour to keep the tiny tots' interest. It's not too funny, so the message is lost and .... Best of all... no yuck! We are getting a copy of that track and will put it in our travelling box of "you never know when it'll be useful". stuff.
best always,
Terry

New Batch of AxTrax!

February 11 2010, 8:43 AM 

Tony Borders has written 2 new AxTrax routines for us!

"7, 8...Bully"

"Love Your Neighbor" (there is a general and a Gospel version of this one available)

Check them out on the AxTrax page in the "wide open" section! You can read the scripts there!

http://www.axtell.com/axtrax.html

Tony Borders

Strangers

February 11 2010, 9:07 AM 

Another great way to teach about stranger awareness is to use the Axtell Bulldog or alleycat, which look dangerous. You can teach that strange people are like strange animals. You should be careful of them unless you know and trust the person they are with. You always ask if it is safe to pet an animal. You can ask the person you know and trust if it is safe to meet the stranger that is with them.

Current Topic - New Axtrax  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center