<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Boxing Day

December 26 2009 at 8:11 AM
Tony Borders 
from IP address

My mom is one of those who likes to start putting away Christmas decor the day after Christmas. I, on the other hand, procrastinate until at least New Year's Day. The concept I want to share is a project you should consider tackling at some point, though it doesn't have to be right away.

Prune your props! Yes, you heard it. Go through your many prop boxes and take out the items you no longer use. One question I ask myself is this... "If I saw it at a thrift store or yard sale in this condition, would I buy it?" If the answer is, "no", then I no it is time to get rid of it. Another question is, "Do I want to invest the time to fix it or practice it or write a routine for it?" (One of those reasons is probably keeping you from using it.) If I don't really value it enough to put in the required time, it's time to get rid of it.

Some people have to pay to store the things they no longer use. Think of the space as valuable.

The positive side: As you get rid of the unused excess, you are clearing space for possible future items to come in.

Imagine that your house is one giant desk. You know that a desk occasionally needs to be cleaned off and items tossed in order to be effective. So does your house!

The New Year is coming. It's time to toss out the old to make room for whatever the new is.

If you have some stuff that is unused, but usable for entertaining children, consider contacting It is a non-profit provider of puppets, magic tricks, curriculum, music, etc. to send to churches overseas where they are seeking such materials. Many of you know Dale VonSeggen, previous owner of One Way Street. He is heading up this program.

Respond to this message   
Chris Wintter

December 26 2009, 9:03 AM 

You may also want to sell your unused stuff on e-bay. I would rather that I sell something at very little profit, then to have it just sit and eventually deteriorate and become unusable.
Maybe we could even give people a heads up on this forum of stuff we intend to sell on e-bay. Remember, one persons junk is another's treasure.
Of course, I'm not talking about broken stuff or real junk, just stuff one no longer uses.
I sold a lot of close up magic because of this. Selling stuff on e-bay is pretty easy.

Tony Borders

buy and sell

December 26 2009, 1:19 PM 

Actually, we won't be listing private items for sale (or wanted) here. This forum is sponsored by Axtell Expressions, so we want to honor their request at the beginning of the page. Once in a while you will see a notice that a vinyl Great Apes or Veggie Tales is for sale because Axtell Expressions has allowed the listing of their "retired" pieces. Very nice of them.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center