<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tiny little holes in my puppets

January 24 2010 at 4:23 AM
from IP address

I have about 10 Axtell puppets, and I keep them in my room in a plastic bag (without a knot). Unfortunately, I saw yesterday that there were some little holes in the faces of a few puppets. Does anybody here have the same experience. And is there anything I can do about it? I already treatet my puppets with the stuff that comes with them.

Rob (From the Netherlands)

Respond to this message   

Steve Axtell

January 24 2010, 7:38 AM 

Latex is a biological natural rubber with a life. This is usually 3-10 year for the life of a puppet depending on the care it receives. Our latex is specifically formulated to be the strongest and longest lasting available.

We recommend the application of the protectant every 3 months to slow the process down. This protects the latex from damaging ozone and ultraviolet rays and keeps it looking bright. We recommend the Aerospace 303 protectant now. You can find it here.

Unfortunately once it's started to decay there is little you can do, but we do offer a head replacement service. The cost is only 1/3 that of a new puppet. Contact Robin at and she can make arrangements for helping you with the repairs. We want to get them back to working again in your shows.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center