AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Technically-Challenged Presenter Needs Advice.

March 7 2010 at 9:08 AM
Doria Martuzzo 
from IP address 69.47.146.237

Could someone explain (in layman's terms) every accessory I would need to use a remote controlled MP3 player for sound effects with my Fender Passport 250 plus? Suggestions on adequate MP3 players? Where do I get the cables to connect the MP3 player to my sound system? What does the remote control look like? Where do you find them? (I saw one with a foot pedal on Axtell site, but wondering if anyone else uses a different method). I used my "Off the Meter" last week without the sound effect and would like to try it with the free "exploding meter" sound effect discussed on Off the Meter page. I was planning on going to either Best Buy or a Guitar Store to get help with this as well, but any advice you could send my way first would be appreciated!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Magical Montana Santa

re: sound

March 7 2010, 6:06 PM 

Radio Shack

Mp3 remote

March 7 2010, 6:23 PM 

You can buy mp3 players that have their own remotes. The cord to connect them would have male plugs on each end and be specified by the stereo line out jack (assuming it has one) and the input into the PA system (typically 1/4" or 1/8" stereo).

Another option for playing the mp3 is to burn it to a CD as an audio disc, and you can use any CD player with a remote or footpedal.

Steve Jones makes both an Mp3 and CD player with a foot pedal to start and pause audio. Here's his link .

http://www.stevejonesproductions.com/

Doria Martuzzo

Thanks for your help!

March 8 2010, 3:03 AM 

Thanks for your help! I used the "Off the Meter" last week (as a Power of Caring Gauge in my Bully Smarts assembly, and the kids were just AMAZED! Also used Dizzy (My Dragon) who blew smoke at the end of the assembly and he got a wonderful reaction.

Awesome!

March 11 2010, 11:16 AM 

Thanks for telling us about it! Good job! Send pictures!

Tony Borders

Doria's question

April 21 2010, 7:33 AM 

Doria, did you ever find what you were looking for with the remote controlled MP3? If so, please share where we can get something similar. I have a local source who sells a remote control for an ipod for $100 US. But, I don't use an ipod and he said you have to record long silent times in it so it didn't actually shut off automatically. That didn't sound good.

Steve Petra

remote possibility

April 21 2010, 9:15 AM 

Actually using those silent tracks between music segments IS good. Besides preventing the unit from going into sleep mode, with a silent track in place you don't have to "stop" or "pause". When you are ready for the next sound track just "forward" and it's playing on cue. This also enables you to skip a track if needed by just fowarding past to the next silent track. It's cool... it's groovy... all the kids are doin' it.

and furthermore...

April 21 2010, 9:21 AM 

The Steve Jones CD pause and play unit is cleverly designed and well made. All your show music on one CD that can be paused and restarted with a foot pedal.

Doria Martuzzo

Purchased Steve's Jones setup

April 25 2010, 6:06 AM 

Tony,

To answer your question, I just purchased Steve Jones Pedal Pause Systemhttp://www.stevejonesproductions.com/
and am waiting for it to arrive. I'll let you know how it goes.

Current Topic - Technically-Challenged Presenter Needs Advice.  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center