<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  


Music Rights

June 17 2015, 8:50 AM 


Try to find out which company holds the distribution rights to the music. BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, etc are some names. If they are registered, they act as a clearing house for all rights related to millions of songs.

You can buy use rights, and recording rights from these companies for reasonable fees.

I got the rights to "Monster Mash" for $75. That covered selling under 1000 copies of the song for example, and performing it live.

Sounds like your friend went to the copyright holder directly, and someone was trying to grab as much cash as possible. There might be a correct affordable path for that song too.

Here is a page on ASCAP about Clearances



Re: BIG SAD WOLF Puppet by Axtell

August 26 2015, 10:25 PM 

Hey I think that would make a Great name for him : Sideburns ! 😃

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center