AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Storage of Puppets

May 31 2010 at 12:56 PM
Craig Nelson 
from IP address 96.253.77.5

I need some ideas on the proper way to store my puppets when not in use.

Thanks

Craig N

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
PetraPuppets

re: storage

May 31 2010, 2:40 PM 

It's good to keep them in the plastic bag they were shipped in, out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. Or just store them in Tony Border's garage.

[linked image]

Tony Borders

Not in use?

June 4 2010, 5:29 PM 

What do you mean, When not in use? Shame on you! Puppets work very cheaply so put them to work.

Then never need fed because they are always stuffed.
They never sleep because they always want their eyes open.
They never say a disagreeable word to their owner unless you want them to do so.
They are the hit of the show and you get the check.

Doodles Baughman

Re: Storage of Puppets

July 13 2010, 7:46 PM 

I've always kept mine in their original bags, and in their original boxes when they aren't working. I also try to keep them in the coolest room. I'd hate to think that one of our hard, hot, Oklahoma summers could melt the poor dudes.

Storing Axtell Puppets

July 19 2010, 2:54 PM 

Hey Craig in the summer put them in the Car and in winter tie them onto the roof lol chat with you soon

Tony Borders

Rats!

August 3 2010, 7:26 PM 

I have been storing a Verna Finley puppet in the garage in a large white box. (I introduce her as my Mother-in-Law, whom I promised I would bring out first class if she came. The box will say, "FIRST CLASS POSTAGE".)

Anyway, she has on old leather granny boots and I noticed when I brought her out today that there were SEVERAL places where the leather had been gnawed. OUCH! I checked the puppet over but didn't see anything. I keep her in a plastic bag but her feet were sticking out. Apparently a mouse got to her.

I was once at a church where they showed me a puppet who had a 1 inch hole eaten through the center of his forehead by a mouse. I told them he could play the part of Goliath.

So plastic bags are a great idea to keep the mice away. Perhaps I should get the Axtell Alley Cat and leave it in the open!

Tony Borders

Mice deterrents

August 3 2010, 7:34 PM 

I did a little digging and discovered that mice don't like the smell of Peppermint Oil or Irish Spring soap. So just put some peppermint oil on cotton balls around the puppets, or flakes of Irish Spring soap. For those of you who line your bed with the puppets you can just shower with Irish Spring soap yourself.

If you put the cotton balls in the shape of a cross it will also keep Vampires away.

Current Topic - Storage of Puppets  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center