<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Payment from other countries

October 9 2011 at 4:32 PM
Tony Borders 
from IP address

I have a friend who has been asked to speak in the USA but he is from another country. Does anyone know how he would handle the payment? The organization would be turning it in to the IRS as payment, so they would need a tax i.d. which he does not have. But entertainers come from other countries all the time. Help!

 Respond to this message   

Steve Axtell

Who to Ask

October 11 2011, 9:52 PM 

You might check with those that have events, the VonSeggens, Mark Wade, Mark Daniel, Gary Hunter...they would probably know.

N Jay 'Jaybo wonderful world of fun'

Foreigners in a foreign land

October 15 2011, 8:11 AM 

There are other that you could add to that list like Carol Greene, Ken Groves to name two more, but wouldn't it be better to contact the International Fare Trades department in this country, or the one they are comming from, or their state department...good luck with this one. I dood it, i put the brainiac to work again, didn't I ?

Tony Borders

short term

October 15 2011, 9:01 AM 

The question is about the short term work. For a work visa in the USA a person needs one of two things. An employer who requests you (more than just a single show here or there) OR you can put in an application for a Work Visa, along with $5,000. If it isn't approved you don't get your money back.

  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center