AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Character

May 28 2012 at 3:45 PM

JohnDMagician 
from IP address 70.33.31.51

My mad scientist had a change of character--now he's Elder Berry, a Mormon missionary...

http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n609/JohnDMagician/

This message has been edited by MagicJohnD from IP address 70.33.31.51 on May 28, 2012 3:49 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Suzie

New Character

May 28 2012, 6:23 PM 

Sounds like a interesting switch.
Let us know how it goes.

Tony Borders

Elder Berry

May 29 2012, 10:09 PM 

Are you planning on using him for audiences in the LDS churches or in front of other groups?

JohnDMagician

Where to use...

May 31 2012, 8:35 AM 

I plan on using him in several venues. I think there will be a lot of interest because of the current political scene. Elder Berry will help people understand Mormons in a humorous and non-judgmental way...I hope.

Tony Borders

one line

May 31 2012, 10:04 AM 

Here is one line to consider:
John: Elder Berry, some people believe that Mormons still marry more than one wife. Is that true?
Elder: No. The Bible says that no man can have two masters.

JohnDMagician

routine

June 2 2012, 2:32 PM 

Hey, Borders, I already had that in my routine!....

Tony Borders

knock-knock

June 2 2012, 3:08 PM 

There is an old radio routine where Mortimer Snerd is going door to door for sales. Edgar Bergen role plays the part of a housewife. I wish I could remember which episode it is on!

Ax

Borders

June 6 2012, 10:05 AM 

Now you know why they named a bookstore after him....

Tony Borders

Mormon

June 6 2012, 6:41 PM 

John: I imagine that when you knock on strangers' doors you really have to use your head.
E.B.: I tried that for awhile. Didn't feel too good!
John: What do you say when they open the door?
E.B.: Hello! My name is Elder Berry and I am here with the Latter Day Saints church.
John: That seems a bit long. Couldn't you just say the LDS church?
E.B.: I tried that too. But I'm dyslexic. Kept coming out LSD church.
John: And what do you say when they invite you inside?
E.B.: When what?

Suzie

Mormom

June 6 2012, 7:13 PM 

When What? {:-> That was funny. Most aren't likely to be invited in. I think you would have to be around Ministries that do this to understand this.
Around where we live. The different Ministries going door to door look scared to death!
We got two very large dogs. One is 124 pounds. We had a door to door Ministry visit our driveway once while the dogs were out front, and my husband was sitting on the porch.
They asked him if the dogs bite? My husband told them "Not Much!"
They did get brave enough to bring papers up to him and hand them off.
Our dogs didn't even bark. They just looked on with interest.
When we first moved to this area our 124 pound Buddy is a cute large dog, but put fear into some cause he is so big.
But when the kids were playing on their bikes in the side street they Knew there was nothing to worry about, cause Buddy was trying to climb up in my lap. I am only 5' 4". He is huge next to me. {:-> He was a little frightened of the small kids playing on the bikes. {:->
Hey, John...that would be an idea. Work some Mormom meetin' dogs in your skit.
Of course we have huge chains hanging onto our dogs when they are out front. They aren't known for causing any harm, but we don't forget they are dogs. Some of the neighborhood dogs get through their underground fences. This also makes our dogs look like they could be very serious about keeping people out of the front yard.
In the back yard without the chain, they look like pussy cats. {:->

Pam Brooks

Mormoms

June 6 2012, 8:03 PM 

I had a friend's brother who would answer the door when the Mormom's came in his underwear. They stopped coming to see him.

Tony Borders

skivvies

June 7 2012, 5:11 PM 

Pam, that works with Girl Scout cookie sales also!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center