AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Product Review: Axtell Cat

June 6 2012 at 11:40 PM
Rick Cina 
from IP address 72.9.117.230

I bought the Axtell cat back in February, but I'm finally getting around to mentioning this now...

In my opinion, the cat doesn't get enough attention and may be an underrated character.

What I like most about him is that when I perform with him I have him make six (yes 6!) different facial expressions just by moving my finger in his brow (or jaws). His angry (finger pushes down in the middle of the brow) and surprised (finger pushes up in the middle of the brow) facial expressions are his most comical.

And...he can blink (by pushing your finger in his brow ridge all the way down quickly). Or, he can simply close his eyes.

He's worth another look if anyone is considering which character to pounce on next.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.172.114.60 on Jun 7, 2012 8:54 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Suzie

Ref: Axtell Cat

June 7 2012, 1:43 AM 

Thanks for sharing about the cat. I have looked at the cat, but not seriously. I guess because I live with several. And our area around here has cats all over the place.
I could see where the cat would be a great puppet for children or adults that do not get to see cats all the time. I just wasn't sure how it would do with people that live with and around cats like I do.
Keep us posted Rick on how the audience reacts to your cat. I am anxious to hear about their reactions.
Our cats are treated like part of the family, so I really do not think they are aware that they are cats. {:->

Tony Borders

cats

June 7 2012, 6:40 AM 

Suzie, your thinking is backward. Since there are so many cats you will be able to come up with lots of material. And the audience will relate to what is said! You should get a cat, then ask audiences to email you with any funny cat things that there cat has done.

Steve Axtell

Thinking Backwards ...

June 7 2012, 8:53 AM 

Lets go with that...

"Turner" the Backwards Cat.

Yes its Dyslexic. Always turning the wrong way, back to the audience, looks left to talk to you when you are on the right. Eats dog but hates it, then remembers to eat cat food.... Barks, then remembers "meow"....

Pam Brooks

not a cat person

June 7 2012, 9:36 AM 

I'm not a cat person but this cat reminders me of Garfield. Like he'd tell you everything your real cats wishes he could.

There are so many cat people out there I think he'd be a hit with the right script. They could relate because they know their own cat.

There are so many funny cat books out that they could be a good source for material for a script. Best also if you yourself, is a cat person.

I have friends who are true cat people. They can talk on and on about their cats. They also have lots of pictures on their iphones they can to show you.

Suzie

Cats cats and more cats

June 7 2012, 5:30 PM 

Oh I love cats. At one time we had 7 Mamas with 7 babies each. (Out door cats). Yeap, do the math...alot of cats! We lived on a farm. We had nurseries sat up for each litter and their Mama. Bedding was changed at least once a day if not more. Fed and watered and well taken care of. Also during that time we had one indoor cat.
And two small dogs and two large dogs.
Our Vet loved us to death as we started getting the girls and boys fixed one by one. About every 4th cat he'd do for free. {:->
How time passes. We now only have two cats indoors and two large dogs outdoors. We live in the city now too.
I think you may be right about me working with a cat puppet. I think I could come up with some pretty good stories. We sure had our share around our house.
Cringer put me in the emergency room one night.

Tony Borders

7's

June 7 2012, 6:02 PM 

As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with 7 wives.
The 7 wives had 7 sacks.
The 7 sacks had 7 cats.
The 7 cats had 7 kittens.
Kittens, cats, sacks and wives, how many were going to St. Ives?

(The answer can be figured out in your head.)

Super Rog

Sign

June 7 2012, 7:49 PM 

A buddy of mine gave me a sign that says: "I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I love it.

Thanks
Rog

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I know that fully well.
Ps. 139 [NIV]

Steve Petra

Cat a list

June 7 2012, 7:51 PM 

Tony... Going to St Ives? - just you.

Rick, can you make a vid demonstrating the 6 facial expressions and post it here? That would be swell!

This message has been edited by PetraPuppets from IP address 68.192.129.35 on Jun 7, 2012 7:53 PM

Rick Cina

The Many Faces of Blob the Cat

June 8 2012, 12:10 AM 

It's my goal this summer to figure out how to convert the camcordings of my performances into youtube videos for sharing.

Until then, hopefully these pictures will suffice. They really don't do it justice, as the process of turning a happy face into an angry face (i.e., moving images on video), or making my cat's arms flail around while he squeals (scared face) is what makes the visual even better. Besides, I had to take these by myself, with one hand in Blob and the other on the digital camera, so my fingers weren't able to contort as well as they otherwise might have.

In order: Happy - Sad - Angry - Scared - Confused - Surprised

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Rick Cina

One more...an alternative version of Confused

June 8 2012, 12:22 AM 

[linked image]

Travis H

Re: Product Review: Axtell Cat

June 9 2012, 7:28 AM 

The cat has ALWAYS been near the top of my wishlist.

Rick Cina

Re: Product Review: Axtell Cat

April 25 2015, 9:07 PM 

Axtell Cat and Basset Hound Puppets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLy0xeaZjUU

Suzie

Dog and Cat skit

April 26 2015, 4:36 PM 

Rick...That was cute.
There is no doubt that the kids were enjoying the skit by the cat and the dog.
Awesome.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center