AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How about this topic?? (Fighting Malaria)

June 25 2012 at 4:09 PM

from IP address 70.33.31.51

I've been asked to do a fund-raiser fighting malaria... how's that for a topic? Gotta come up with some mosquito jokes...

This message has been edited by axtell from IP address 76.172.114.60 on Jun 27, 2012 7:51 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tony Borders

laughter

June 25 2012, 4:49 PM 

Instead, you could do a regular show and at the end discuss how many times children laugh every day. For a few dollars we can keep the laughs coming.

Suzie

Malaria

June 25 2012, 5:31 PM 

Wasn't it DDT that they took away so as not to kill the birds, which they couldn't prove it was killing the birds to begin with. Now with DDT out of the picture Malaria is coming back and killing children.
I don't know of any skitter jokes, but I do agree with what Tony said. Do a great funny show like I am sure you always come up with. And get people to keep the laughter coming by making a nice donation.

Tony Borders

Alaskan mosquitoes

June 25 2012, 7:03 PM 

You may have been to Alaska, John, and seen the larger than life king mosquitoes. One day I went camping in the land of the midnight sun. I had just set up my tent to try to sleep, and made sure my mosquito netting was in place. Then I saw a shadow pass in front of that midnight sun. I felt one end of the tent lift off the ground, followed by the other. I looked out at two Alaskan mosquitoes who were hovering several feet above the ground, holding me and my tent. One said, "Should we eat him here or take him back home?"
The other said, "We should eat him here. If we take him home then the big ones will take him away from us!"

Tony Borders

mosquito joke

June 25 2012, 7:14 PM 

What is the difference between a lawyer and a mosquito?

One is a blood-sucking pest that can annoy you with it's constant droning and long lasting bite. The other is an insect.

Facts: Only the female mosquito bites. (joke about the 7 year itch?)

It matures in 4 to 7 days, from egg to adult. This means that there must not be any brother in law mosquitoes, which take decades to mature.

Mosquitoes can smell their prey 100 feet away. They are attracted to the carbon dioxide you breathe out as well.

The problem is that they will carry diseases from one person or animal to another. They obviously haven't read the hazardous waste disposal rules.

Mosquito puppet

June 25 2012, 7:24 PM 

That's what Steve needs to develop - a mosquito puppet.

Suzie

Mosquito

June 26 2012, 1:06 PM 

For our Church's Mosquito Fest...I wear a Mosquito costume that I designed and my Mom put (sewed) together for me about 30 years ago. Only wear it two-three days a year and only for a few hours, but it is great.
I took the idea from the old cartoons of Mosquitos and bugs at a fancy dance (Ball).
Anyways..I wear a full tux, a top hat, I have 6 legs (2 legs are fake they are attached to my real arms so they all move together.), and wings. Usually I wear a black bow tie or just a regular bright tie. I put black make-up around my eyes and mouth and face to give me a skitter look. I have a small pointed cone shaped nose that I keep attached with water proof tape. The costume is great.
The adults and kids just love it.
So I could easily see Steve Axtell putting together a Skitter in a Tux Puppet. I think that would be fun. After all he / she was invited for dinner.

Current Topic - How about this topic?? (Fighting Malaria)  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center