AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Laughin' Louie

August 10 2012 at 1:48 PM
Suzie 
from IP address 74.137.182.40

Any of you vents got Laughin' Louie? If you do, what do you think about him? What color hair and eyes did you go with? Bare feet or not to bare feet?
I am thinking about a goofy puppet for my next pick. I took a gander at Louie. Thought I would touch base with my vent buddies and get some thoughts.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JohnDMagician

re: Laughin' Louie

August 11 2012, 6:45 AM 

I have two versions - one is barefoot with green eyes and red hair. The other is a modified version I rebuilt from some donated parts. You can see them both on my website: www.johndmagician.com. Both have proven very popular wih my audiences.

Suzie

Ref: Louie

August 11 2012, 2:51 PM 

Thanks John D. I will need to go back into your website and take a look see. I saw that Rick Cina has one also, or at least it looked like Louie.

I have been shopping the Axtell Website looking for my next puppet. It may be a little bit before I decide.

I keep looking and dreaming of what I want next and what I will do next with it. I am falling in love with several at the moment, which is good for Axtell, but not so good for my billfold. Haahahaha

I just adore Axtell puppets. I really like The Axtell Expressions Crew too. I haven't been doing business with them for as long as some of you seasoned Vents have, but what little time I have spent with them, I feel like I am part of the Axtell family. It is a really nice feeling.

Plus the added factor of guys like you and the other vents that take the time out to share and give ideas and just down right help when you can is just priceless.

Okay, I will get down off my soap box. I ain't running for any office or anything. {:->

Rick Cina

Re: Laughin' Louie

August 11 2012, 4:43 PM 

Yes, I have a Louie. It's signed by Steve Axtell and is nearly 20 years old (bought it used from another vent). The paint on his face is much more subtle (no black whatsoever), suggesting that the look now is very different than what it used to be.

I use him less than most of my other Axtells, namely because I work almost exclusively with kids and people puppets don't seem to have the attraction for kids like animal puppets do (that I've noticed). He's my wife's favorite puppet, and adults seem to get more of a kick out of him. He and crybaby are my only two humans now.

He's good for putting a toupee on his head and having it fly off. I also use him as a joke teller---although he can't seem to get the punchline right and he ends up laughing too much before he can get the entire joke told.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center