AXTELL EXPRESSIONS WEB SITE! .....WWW.AXTELL.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Headstick

August 25 2015 at 10:38 PM
Roger 
from IP address 24.214.214.154

SnowBall is my Wild Thing puppet. But when I bought him, I could only afford the small version which I now know is a tight fit for my hand.

I'm thinking about using a headstick. Only thing is I'm now unemployed and I can't afford one. [Sorry Steve]

Anyone have any idea how I could make one with either PVC pipe or a wooden dowel?

Also, the wild thing puppet looks like it should be a female, but I want to make it male. Any thoughts?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Roger

no answer yet

October 11 2015, 9:04 PM 

Could someone please help me out with this?
Thanks
Rog

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I know that fully well.
Ps. 139 [NIV]

Steve Axtell

Help with headstick

October 14 2015, 8:20 AM 

Roger, adding a headstick to such a big puppet will be a challenge. We have added headsticks to puppets like "Fred the Fried Chicken" and "Lemur" and a few big ones like our GOOSE. The principal is two mouth plates with a spring return on the hinged bottom one. Fixed top mouth plate that does not move. String that pulls down the bottom mouth plate against the tension of the spring.

Adding black eyebrows over the eyes could help it look more masculine. A hat might also, but it will always have those big lips.

These 2 modifications are reaching for something very challenging, and I'm wondering if you might just go on facebook somewhere in a vent or puppet group and post a "Trade for large Male Puppet" ad. You might get some takers because the WildThing is a popular puppet.

Hope this helps. Ax

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on RoboticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
VISIT THE AXTELL CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE includes customer photographs and the AXTELL Learning Center